Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I will be doing quite a few long trips in the future (doctor visits :cry:). We both like to have our phones connected via USB, we also have other devices on USB and even a drone plugged into the rear at times. Is there any better way to route these wires?I just fix the vehicles I've never actually used one until now haha

·
Registered
10 Posts
I thought about adding a wire from the inside of the console by cutting a hole here circle in red. Then dragging it between outer wall and the console wall. Then putting a hole on top of the console to drag out the end of the type c cable.

The only reason I haven't done this is because once its installed, the only way to change the end of the cable type would be to undo everything again. Just not sure how to make sure its future proof.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm maybe use a USB extension cable, hook to the old USB in the bottom and find a way to nicely mount it like where your second picture is. Then you just add whatever cable you need. Thats actually a pretty good idea!

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
498 Posts
I thought about adding a wire from the inside of the console by cutting a hole here circle in red. Then dragging it between outer wall and the console wall. Then putting a hole on top of the console to drag out the end of the type c cable.

The only reason I haven't done this is because once its installed, the only way to change the end of the cable type would be to undo everything again. Just not sure how to make sure its future proof.

View attachment 142454 View attachment 142453

Is the cubby setup stock in your first photo?
To be honest mine turned into a junk drawer.

I need to clean it out.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
498 Posts
I've been keeping mine closed to stop it from becoming a junk drawer which is why I want to find a way to get a cable routed upfrom there.
Let me tell you.... anyone needs a mask I got all sizes, all styles.... not many colors but n95, kn95, cotton, polyester blend.... they all fit in there!!! It's like a trap door.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
498 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
523 Posts
You also have the 2 USB ports right behind your circle in the back seat to use.

You can also add one of THESE CHARGERS which gives you a full 2.4 amps on each port. Not all of the versions like this do that, they only have 1 2.4A and the other is 1.0A.

Kussmaul and Blue Sea also make ones that you can mount other places tapped into fuse panel with an Add-a-circuit. You can also make it hot all the time if you want. I added some on drivers side on each car (except Pilot so far) as my family likes the iOttie windshield mount for the phone. We use a 1 foot cable that stays there and nobody steals it. Puts Waze in easier view than the radio. I might use one of the extension ones for the Pilot so it can mount there but still show on radio.

THIS ONE has the 3.0 quick charge. Also if you are just charging look for "charge only" cables especially if you have Android versions. Many of the regular charge/sync cables don't cover the higher demands of navigation etc and your phone battery slowly dies instead of charging. Apple is better at that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts