Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a good price to pay for timing belt replacement and does anyone have any mechanic recommendations in Utah, Colorado or New Mexico?

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just paid $815 for Aisin belt kit and serpentine belt, and coolant change from my local shop, but I am in MO.

·
Registered
407 Posts
With the Aisin kit, a good price would be under $700.

Price will vary greatly depending on the parts used. Genuine Honda parts are more expensive. Many people get the Aisin kit for parts for around $200.

Get a free quote here
www.yourmechanic.com

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'd say anything under $1000 for replacement of timing belt, water pump, tensioner, the two pulleys, and a serpentine drive belt is a great deal. Parts alone will be around $300 including the kit, drive belt, coolant, and misc consumables. Some independent shops use Gates or Dayco kits because they get them for cheaper. The drive belt tensioner might be found to be defective, as this often leaks on the hydraulic piston, or the bearings could be worn, and that adds $100 to $200 in parts cost depending on manufacturer. Additionally at the 105k service is the spark plug replacement. This can add $50 to $100 for the plugs, plus labor to swap them. It only takes about an hour to do all 6. Some shops will recommend a valve adjustment, which adds labor and new gaskets to the cost. The total for everything can easily be over $1600.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 2012 EX-L is in the shop having the timing belt replaced. The timing belt, tensioners, water pump, and thermostat, are around $850, and I'm having the valves adjusted and spark plugs replaced, so altogether it'll be around $1500 (about half of what the local Honda dealer charges).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts