Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of good dealers in the west suburbs of Chicago? I'm 0 fer 4 right now and getting frustrated!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought my Pilot at McGrath in St. Charles. No problems, no pressure to buy any extras, paid MSRP. Very professional and the after purchase service has been excellent.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Who are the four you've tried thus far?

I bought at Grand Honda in Elmhurst. They gave $1000 off MSRP right from the start. In fact, they claim that many local dealers dislike them because they do this. They did hem and haw when I pushed them to include the dealer-installed options in the price (they installed wheel locks and rear mud guards). It's not that I didn't want these options I just wasn't willing to pay $400 for $50 in accessories.

Over all, if you can deal with a little back-and-forth with the sales person you should get a good deal. As far as their stock, two weeks ago they had a couple. It's impossible to get a straight answer out of them about incoming vehicles since they want you to buy right then and there.

Good luck! Let me know if you end up going to Grand Honda.

Kyle

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought mine at Honda of Lisle back in October for sticker. No pressure and they delivered my Pilot earlier than expected. I know someone who recently bought an Odessey at Motor Werks in Barrington and was pleased with that dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I live in North Chicago suburb, and found a dealer in South Wisconsin - Boyland Honda. Not bad, got ~1300 off MSRP, no extras, not much B.S. etc. BUT, have to watch what salesman you are dealing with!
-Eugene

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Define Good?

I have heard only good things about Pauly.
I use them for servicve and have been happy.
Heard they are MSPR but fair and honest.

Have heard good things about Motor Werks, but have heard they are high priced.
Have not used them, but a friend got his Pilot there and was happy, and another just got an Odyssey and is happy.

·
Registered
481 Posts
We just bought our Pilot at Motor Werks.

First contacted the salesman by email, back in May '02 to inquire about this new vehicle that Honda is releasing in June '02. Took one for test drive in July and ordered ours in October. Jeff Omet, at MW, was very helpful and informative throughout this prolonged process.

I cannot imagine a more seamless buying experience and he offered $500 off MSRP, which was very rare in October, when we ordered the Pilot, and is still uncommon from what I've heard around the country.

I also called Pauly, Grand, Rosen, Highland Park and Loeber (now called something else) and none of them would move from MSRP, when I talked with them in Sept./Oct. They may be moving below MSRP now.

I haven't been back in for any service yet, since we've only had the truck for 5 days, but I do plan to go in for a free carwash every Saturday, starting this week. Small, but nice perk.

Rob

·
Registered
166 Posts
Another Pauly Experience

Won't bother with a rehash, but my experience is over here...

·
Registered
269 Posts
try O'hare Honda....internet manager Mark was easy to deal with.....that's where we got the Element.

go to their website...you'll have the option to bid on a pilot between invoice and msrp.

·
Registered
242 Posts
jpickering said:
I bought my Pilot at McGrath in St. Charles. No problems, no pressure to buy any extras, paid MSRP. Very professional and the after purchase service has been excellent.
McGrath is an excellent dealer for service as a current Honda Presidents Award recipient. And they will price match other dealers if the offer is reasonable. I would highly recommend them.

Grand Honda advertises a low price, but over prices the dealer installed accessories to make up the difference. Still a great deal if you use your head.

You can also try Valley Honda in Naperville. Great service and they will also try to price match to get your business.

They is no reason to pay MSRP during Honda closeout season.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Bought ours this last month (December, 2011) at Muller Honda, in Highland Park. Overall very good experience. Worked with Marcus, and I recommend him. He's been there for like 12 years I think he said. We got a great price, he was very helpful and straight-forward.

And here was the clincher moment. After we had already signed for the car, he pulled me over, and pointed out a few very small scratches on the chrome grill piece (VERY small, could barely see them). He said this car had been in the showroom at one point, and in recharging the batter from the charger kit, they must have scratched it. He said he was ordering a replacement, he did, we got it put on like 2 days later.

Now, I probably would not have even seen these scratches. Or if I did, it would be later, and I would have assumed it was something that happened after we left the dealer. So I just thought this was a cool thing to do.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've bought 3 Hondas from Honda of Lisle. They gave me decent deals on all the vehicles. Check them out and ask for Robin in sales. She is a very good salesperson and will no pressure you at all. She was great on the sale of our Pilot Touring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts