Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

After two completely unacceptable encounters at dealers this afternoon, I'm wondering are there any truly good salespeople working for Honda out in the 'burbs of Chicago?

I'm so frustrated, I'm considering buying online to avoid any more bull- I just don't have the time for it. Any recommendations for online shopping?

Thanks in advance,

Emo (slowly loosing faith in Honda and considering a Trailblazer)

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Pauly has a good rep.

I did not buy there, but did test drive the CR-V there.
I have been getting service there and so far it has been acceptable.
They seem to be a low pressure sales environment.
Although they were strait MSRP (I was shoppimng pre-release).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have you considered broadening your search? i think most dealers are able to work a deal without you even being present, and then shipping the car to you. you can probably get a better deal even with $500 going towards vehicle shipment.

You might try to email as many dealers as you can find via Honda's website within a 200 mile radius. That's what I did (actually went to 500 miles away). I only had to deal with the dealers that were willing to work via email. At most I'd call them back. I never made a trip to the dealer before I took delivery of my Pilot. If you ask me, it's the only way to deal with car dealers (i.e. don't deal with them any more than you absolutely have to.). that's my advice, for what it's worth.

·
Registered
166 Posts
emof7 sez...
...Honda out in the 'burbs of Chicago?
Please be more specific - the Chicago metropolitan area spans, what, 70-80 miles?

Having said that, if you're North, I'll second N-Jay's recommendation for Pauly (although I've heard good things coming over the boarder from Wisconsin dealers). If you're in another area, let us know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a decent experience at Grand Honda in Elmhurst. They knock $1000 off MSRP right from the start. I did, however, spend considerable time negotiating the two dealer-installed options (wheel locks and rear mud guards) into the price. They eventually agreed to throw in the options AND beat my 4.99% financing with 3.49%.

Overall the experience was good. They are VERY concerned that you'll give them all "5's" on the American Honda follow-up customer service survey. I believe all Honda dealers are sensitive to this survey, though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in the far west 'burbs- St Charles area. Any help or additional info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I bought my Pilot at Pauly and I would recommend them. I live much closer to another dealer, but when I went there the week after the Pilot's release date, they didn't have one to test drive. Not only that, but they told me with a straight face that all Pilots are pre-sold and no dealer would have one that I could drive before committing to purchase. Then I called Pauly and they said, "Sure, we've got one to test drive. Come on over!" That's why they got my business.

While it's true that they don't negotiate on the price, everything else about my experience there has been positive.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Re: Chicago Burbs

emof7-

I haven't posted on this forum in several weeks. I'm in Naperville/Aurora; close to you. I purchased mine at Valley Honda in early July, when they just came out and were all selling at or above MSRP. Based on Honda's customer satisfaction survey, my sales experience (see Chris or Pat) was a "5", but the business manager (financing and warranty) was a "2".......he lied to me. So, I can't really recommend that dealership over any other. Shop around, We have alot of dealers in this area.

As for the Pilot.... 7000 miles on the odometer. No major problems.

Good Luck

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
A fair price

A good honest dealer will give you a fair price. Not always the best price, but a fair one. If he is charging more than that he will not move cars.
A dishonest dealer may give you something thant looks like a great price, but you will never know because he is not being honest.
So ask yourself:
Which would you rather have???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts