Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some obsessive pondering, I decided to consolidate the fleet. Traded in my 18 Pilot EX-L for a 2020 Tundra Platinum 4x4. This also allows me to let go of my 98 Ranger 4x4 and frees up a parking spot in the garage. The Pilot was a great road trip machine and was dead reliable. Thanks to this community for all the great information. Have a good evening all!

Attachments

·
Registered
882 Posts
Wishing you the best and hope the Tundra meets and exceeds you expectations and needs. Glad to read that the 2018 Pilot was reliable.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Nice! Love the Tundra, even if it's an older architecture than all of the competitors. Unless you are looking to max tow with a 1500 it is a bulletproof drivetrain, supremely comfortable and very capable of hard work and off road play.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Good luck. Tundra is a great truck. Looked at it hard before ending up with a Nissan Titan XD. Glad to hear you had a good experience with your Pilot. Our first Pilot was great, new one not so much... If we end up going lemon law with our '19 I may have to evaluate a Pilot alternative for my wife.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Lol...did the same thing 3-weeks ago! Ok...my 2020 Platinum is silver. The only issue I've had with the Tundra is I've already bought a bunch of mods and my checking account is getting light! Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Don't need to wish you well with the Tundra as it is a great pickup truck. Luv my '05 Tundra (pre-supersized) for hauling supplies for home renovation. Tundras are not a direct competitor to the Pilot so either your needs have changed or just wanted something different and new. Some of the Pilot positives you might miss are mpg, maneuverability, max seating, and more secure storage. But you can always pick up another Pilot one day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts