Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
2013 Touring 4wd
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's been a good 7 years owning the pilot. This forum had helped me a lot. I could not resist a deal with a new Jeep Gladiator with Max Tow 7650# tow capacity. With the kids all teens now, we barely use the 8-seats of the pilot. And with the frequency of boating and camping, I figured it's best to get a vehicle that can tow and fit our current needs ( towing boat, towing travel trailer). Don't get me wrong, the pilot CAN tow, but I'm always on the max load on every trip. Anyway, perhaps when we have our grand kids, I'll score another pilot instead of a mini van. Thanks for all the input, I learned a lot from here! Enjoy life, be safe out there!

Registered
Well, it's been a good 7 years owning the pilot. This forum had helped me a lot. I could not resist a deal with a new Jeep Gladiator with Max Tow 7650# tow capacity. With the kids all teens now, we barely use the 8-seats of the pilot. And with the frequency of boating and camping, I figured it's best to get a vehicle that can tow and fit our current needs ( towing boat, towing travel trailer). Don't get me wrong, the pilot CAN tow, but I'm always on the max load on every trip. Anyway, perhaps when we have our grand kids, I'll score another pilot instead of a mini van. Thanks for all the input, I learned a lot from here! Enjoy life, be safe out there!
馃枑馃槙

Reactions: gotPILOT

Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens peque帽o sparus tyre.
Happy trails.

Registered
Compared to the Gladiator, what would have been the price for a Grand Cherokee with the 5.7L V8 (7,200 lb. towing capacity)?

Registered
I'm going to expect child support ... oh wait, I thought you were someone else. Have fun with the Jeep and with your towed toys.

Registered
Looks like they鈥檙e roughly the same MSRP, for a Sport S Gladiator with only Max Tow and what that requires and nothing else ($43385), vs a Grand Cherokee Limited (minimum trim for V8) with the Off-Road Adventure Package and nothing else ($46,310). I suspect you鈥檇 be able to get a fair bit off MSRP with the Grand Cherokee, seeing as the new generation was just revealed. It will also look and feel nicer inside. The Gladiator will still outperform it off-road.

Registered
2013 Touring 4wd
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Compared to the Gladiator, what would have been the price for a Grand Cherokee with the 5.7L V8 (7,200 lb. towing capacity)?
I'm not sure, but definitely more $ on the Grand Cherokee and for sure it's better looking than the Gladiator. LOL. I just want the features of it- compact size truck, a bed for all the camping gears and bikes, can tow with ease, and be a convertible. My teens said it's cool! Oh yeah, Gladiator only offers V6 and V6 turbo diesel($4k option) manual or auto, 6 speed and 8 speed($2k option). Max Tow package 4.1 gear ratio offers the highest tow rating. I leased a 2014 Ram before but I figured this time I'll buy something unique. I'm happy I did, and I'm the only one who has it at work! Ha-ha-ha. 2021 Consumer Reports rated the Gladiator with good ratings with the 2021 Honda Ridgeline(was my first choice, but I could not wait). Here is my Gladiator Sport
. It's all we can afford for the cash we have. Well, at least I have extra dinero to buy accessories. And the list is getting longer and longer...

Reactions: aggrex

Registered
2013 Touring 4wd
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going to expect child support ... oh wait, I thought you were someone else. Have fun with the Jeep and with your towed toys.
Hehehe.(y)

Registered
2013 Touring 4wd
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like they鈥檙e roughly the same MSRP, for a Sport S Gladiator with only Max Tow and what that requires and nothing else ($43385), vs a Grand Cherokee Limited (minimum trim for V8) with the Off-Road Adventure Package and nothing else ($46,310). I suspect you鈥檇 be able to get a fair bit off MSRP with the Grand Cherokee, seeing as the new generation was just revealed. It will also look and feel nicer inside. The Gladiator will still outperform it off-road.

Yeah, with just the Max Tow Pkg, I could have saved another grand for the added accessories from the factory of which I dont really need. The best is to pre order for specs you want, and hope the timing is just right getting into new promotions. Inventory in my area was so low then with the Max Tow Pkg and I wanted to take advantage of the promos (employee pricing for all, and first responders) plus good trade in value for my 2013 which needed a $5k paint job(paint peeling off issue, twas bad.), and $850 timing belt service). With a lot of research, I save tons of money.
That's for a total of 1.5 hours of dealing, twice walked out of the dealership, and of course an hour wait for the finance guy (just for paperwork). Lots of peeps shopping that day.

Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens peque帽o sparus tyre.
I'm not sure, but definitely more $ on the Grand Cherokee and for sure it's better looking than the Gladiator. LOL. I just want the features of it- compact size truck, a bed for all the camping gears and bikes, can tow with ease, and be a convertible. My teens said it's cool! Oh yeah, Gladiator only offers V6 and V6 turbo diesel($4k option) manual or auto, 6 speed and 8 speed($2k option). Max Tow package 4.1 gear ratio offers the highest tow rating. I leased a 2014 Ram before but I figured this time I'll buy something unique. I'm happy I did, and I'm the only one who has it at work! Ha-ha-ha. 2021 Consumer Reports rated the Gladiator with good ratings with the 2021 Honda Ridgeline(was my first choice, but I could not wait). Here is my Gladiator Sport View attachment 143808 . It's all we can afford for the cash we have. Well, at least I have extra dinero to buy accessories. And the list is getting longer and longer...
View attachment 143807
The sad thing is they look so tough and reliable. :(

Registered
Gladiator Sport with MaxTow is really all you need. Fingers crossed 馃 the JK has been tough and reliable. See you and the JT on the trails....

612E8CAC-3584-4820-85AB-8992AFDAF3F0.jpeg

Registered
........but if you had the Cherokee, you could say:

Registered
I'm jealous, I made the mistake of driving a Gladiator with the manual and want one badly. But my kids are in car seats and we need the space of 3 rows for both of our vehicles right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts