Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I may get slammed for this but I have to ask.

Looking over the accessories for the Pilot, I see that for a little over $100.00 you can put a gold "H",s and "PILOT" logo on your Pilot. My question: Why would you spend $100 for this? Or is it just a case of…Like the old song by Carly Simon says "You're So Vain"

Or maybe you get better gas mileage if they are gold. ummmm

·
Registered
194 Posts
For around $5 a month you can get vanity plates too.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Because as some people prefer white to silver or silver to red, etc etc; some people such as myself prefer the look that the gold emblem kit gives on the redrock pearl.

Joe

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Different strokes for different folks. I'll admit, gold badging and trim screams "pimpmobile" to me. :15: But I'm there are things I like that other people don't particularly care for... to each his own.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I got the gold emblem kit

because I thought the silver standard badges on the Sandstone didn't look just right. I like silver on a lot of colors; but silver on Sandstone looked about like gold on the silver pilot--just didn't seem right.:cool:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I think as long as the gold emblem kit is on a car with the right color, it looks pretty darn sharp, such as baoloclamdong's. Any dark, rich color add so much to the car, IMHO. But say, on a white, light blue (such as mine), beige and etc. just kills the car.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Can you spot the GOLD "H" badge in this picture? It really makes it stand out ;)

Besides, mine came with the gold badges already on it. I like it better than silver, it really accents the dark green color. But everyone's entitled to their own opinions.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey baoloclamdong - What's the scoup on those good looking dual exhaust pipes? Are they functional? Install cost? Kit/custom? Thanks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
seadog said:
Hey baoloclamdong - What's the scoup on those good looking dual exhaust pipes? Are they functional? Install cost? Kit/custom? Thanks.
Those are Light LED flame Tips,I bought them from Illusionsneon for 59.00ea.installed em myself.When I turn on the lights they come on too.At night,they are matched with the tail and brack lights.I like them,look good in day and night both.They look better with 2 on both sides.First I had only one,and it made the Pilot look like if it was standing on one leg,I mean it looked missing,so I added another and it looks much better.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exhauset tips in your pic.

baoloclamdong
Looking at your modification, is the original exhaust tip on the right side still functional? (the one you did not put after market tip on) Do you plan on routing it to the left side ?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Re: Exhauset tips in your pic.

GMinTX said:
baoloclamdong
Looking at your modification, is the original exhaust tip on the right side still functional? (the one you did not put after market tip on) Do you plan on routing it to the left side ?
GMinTX,
It's still there and still functional.If I took em off,it would be axactly the way it was.
I'm thinking of adding 2 more that would make 2 on each side.I will talk to a friend who works at Custom Exhausts to see if it 's posible to root all 4.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts