Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for the board.
I just finished our first major road trip---put on 2000 miles and it went great. I really enjoyed the ride, however one thing happened when I wanted to get something out of the glove compartment. The square stopper with the ridged round rubber end on it fell out of the slot in the left side of the compartment. When I tried to put it back, I noticed that part of the plastic tab was broken off. Has anyone had this experience. I will plan to show it to the dealer at next service to get a new one. I also got my first major rock chip in the windshield. I had a few minor ones in the corners but this one is a little deeper and right in the middle of the window. I will probably take it to be filled in at one of the glass places so it will not get worse.
regards to all
bob
sandman:(

·
Registered
283 Posts
I haven't heard of the stoppers coming on from anyone on this forum. I would think it would be covered under the warrenty.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
One of my center armrest rubber stoppers popped out (you can see them when you lift the arm rest up), but I was able to squeeze it back into place (the first week I had the Pilot), but that's about as close as I've come to a similar situation...

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kemosabe said:
One of my center armrest rubber stoppers popped out (you can see them when you lift the arm rest up), but I was able to squeeze it back into place (the first week I had the Pilot), but that's about as close as I've come to a similar situation...
Mine was not from the console. It was from the inside of left side of the regular glove box.
Do you think the rear side of the console cover is sharp on your pilot. I noticed it on our trip when I was in the passenger seat???
thaks
bob

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
sandman said:

Mine was not from the console. It was from the inside of left side of the regular glove box.
Do you think the rear side of the console cover is sharp on your pilot. I noticed it on our trip when I was in the passenger seat???
thaks
bob
sandman bob: I checked the cover (underside, back, etc.) and I didn't think it was sharp at all. I rubbed my fingers across all the edges and, at least on my Pilot, I didn't find it to be sharp... as honda-pilot.org member colorider would say, "YMMV."

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sharp edge on top console trim

the sharp edge I was talking about was on the plastic trim just behind the padded cover on the console. If you brush your hand or elbow over the cover from front to rear the plastic sticks up a bit and is sharp. I scratched my arm when I found this out. My pilot was delivered in sept. Maybe they changed it later. I know there was some talk on here about a new cover being made??
bob::mad:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kemosabe said:
sandman bob: Are you talking about the edge shown here:

Yes, that is the exact place. I think the padding is not quite tall enough and the plastic edge is exposed. I never noticed it until my wife called it to my attention; and I rode in the passenger seat for the first time on vacation last week.
Bob:20: :20:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
sandman said:

Yes, that is the exact place. I think the padding is not quite tall enough and the plastic edge is exposed. I never noticed it until my wife called it to my attention; and I rode in the passenger seat for the first time on vacation last week.
Bob:20: :20:
Okay, now we're at least on the same page... mine seems fine. :4: I've run my fingers across it and back and forth from the padding to the plastic and it doesn't feel sharp to me. The padding meets the plastic very well on my armrest. I mean, it's NOT the smoothest plastic, I'll give you that, but when I rub my bare fingers on it rather hard, I couldn't even get it to break any skin. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would feel comfy letting my kid(s) touch it -- I wonder it there was some manufacturing "glitch" when your Pilot when through the plant??? :confused: Maybe other owners can chime it here.... :17:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts