Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an email about gloss black Honda emblems now available from Honda parts. I've pasted a link to one parts dealer who has them. These are for the 2019-2021 Pilot models, not sure if older models have them available. I'm not planning to do these but thought I would pass along the information. I am sure also that other dealers and parts suppliers will also be selling them, so check around.

Reactions: Daltongang

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,259 Posts
Just an FYI, they have the same thing for the Pilots younger, smaller, sexier brother. 😀

·
Registered
813 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but how hard is it to get the old ones off and put the new ones on?
It’ll be pretty easy if you have a touring, but elite and black edition will be harder since they have individual letters instead of one badge. I’m not sure if the special edition has a badge or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It’ll be pretty easy if you have a touring, but elite and black edition will be harder since they have individual letters instead of one badge. I’m not sure if the special edition has a badge or not.
I have an EX-L AWD, so none of the above.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I guess you need to practice de badging more .... wait sorry that's what GM folks do ..my bad :p

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but how hard is it to get the old ones off and put the new ones on?
How old is the car and how much sun did it get? If you wait too long to debadge you'll see a different paint color. I would get your heat gun and some dental floss and get to work. A new non-scratched putty knife will also help but I would start with the floss. I've been debadging for years and as long as you heat up the glue under the letters it will come off. Don't worry about residue you can roll it off or use goo gone VERY sparingly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How old is the car and how much sun did it get? If you wait too long to debadge you'll see a different paint color. I would get your heat gun and some dental floss and get to work. A new non-scratched putty knife will also help but I would start with the floss. I've been debadging for years and as long as you heat up the glue under the letters it will come off. Don't worry about residue you can roll it off or use goo gone VERY sparingly.
It’s only 2 months old. But great tips for the rest. I would have never thought to use dental floss. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
It’s only 2 months old. But great tips for the rest. I would have never thought to use dental floss. Thanks!!!
Thin Fishing line also works ... i've used that in the past I find dental floss to snap easily . First thing on my of my GM trucks is the badging to go... Badging is actually advertising for the manufacturer.. people see the hot / new ride they want to know what it is ..

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition
182 Posts
I just finished changing mine over to the Gloss Black Emblem & Logos. It’s fairly easy, trick is taking your time. I used simple dental floss and a heat-gun (set to 250 F) to WARM the existing tape (though I feel it wasn’t an absolute must. As simple as it is, download and read the instructions avaliable to print on College Hill’s website....straight forward, but just follow the directions. First time ever de/rebadged a car... so with about 1 hr of time its not to bad.

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition
182 Posts
Getting the “Pilot” and “Black Edition” badges off is certainly the most time consuming part... as both badges have individual letters that need to be removed one at a time. That being said, the new black emblems come sort of taped together, and unless you really try and screw up it’s hard to put them on wrong.
The idea of a putty knife is a good.... but I would highly highly recommend using a PLASTIC putty knife as to play it safe. The tape really does “roll off” quiet easily. I found simple rubbing alcohol removes any residue that may remain. Best of luck... this is definitely not as hard as I anticipate!

Oh... AND DONT SKIP USING THE MASKING TAPE AS THE INSTRUCTIONS TELL YOU! Will ensure you keep the same positioning as your old badges.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just finished changing mine over to the Gloss Black Emblem & Logos. It’s fairly easy, trick is taking your time. I used simple dental floss and a heat-gun (set to 250 F) to WARM the existing tape (though I feel it wasn’t an absolute must. As simple as it is, download and read the instructions avaliable to print on College Hill’s website....straight forward, but just follow the directions. First time ever de/rebadged a car... so with about 1 hr of time its not to bad.
View attachment 140398
Is it hard to remove the H logo, not sure on how to do that?

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition
182 Posts
Is it hard to remove the H logo, not sure on how to do that?
No, just gotta be carefully and go slowly. Trick I used was to use a couple credit cards to shimmy underneath in equally on the top and bottom of the emblem. The connectors to the body is where the horizontal part of the H meets the verticals. Doing that and it literally just popped off. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition
182 Posts
I found that 12-16lb fishing line works great
Definitely, that dental floss or any thin, strong string… working it back and forth. The H- Emblem is the only one with physical connectors to the body, though so gentle prying helps too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts