Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm spending my Saturday afternoon reading about Pilot Sterio Upgrades and Alarm Upgrades...

I haven't found anything about an Alarm Upgrade. Has anyone added glass breakage sensors to the factory alarm?

The only time I ever had a break in to my car the theif broke the drivers window, grabbed what he wanted through the window and fled. The factory alarm would not have even gone off in that situation.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: re: glass breakage

beowulf777 said:
This post suggest that the Honda installed alarm has a glass breakage sensor. The truth is out there...I just don't know what it is.
Thanks for pointing that out! I had read other threads that said that the EX alarm did not have glass breakage.

Would one of you folks please go out and set your alarm, then break a window, and report back whether the alarm went off, so we can put this to rest once and for all. Thanks.:D

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: re: glass breakage

beowulf777 said:
This post suggest that the Honda installed alarm has a glass breakage sensor. The truth is out there...I just don't know what it is.
The EX does NOT have any glass breakage sensor in the stock alarm... :(

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: testing, testing, testing

beowulf777 said:
I have my crowbar ready. Should I take before and after pictures?
I think in this instance a sound recording would be better...
CRASH!! WHIRP!! WHIRP!! WHIRP!! WHIRP!! WHIRP!!
would be good.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: re: glass breakage

kemosabe said:

The EX does NOT have any glass breakage sensor in the stock alarm... :(
O.K. you sound pretty confindent. That's what I've heard before. What do you make of the message beowulf777 posted a link to saying that it does?

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Re: re: glass breakage

florida_guy said:

O.K. you sound pretty confindent. That's what I've heard before. What do you make of the message beowulf777 posted a link to saying that it does?
I dunno, florida_guy... I'm thinking that the person in that other thread got her info mixed up -- won't be the first time on honda-pilot.org (including yours truly) that folks were mistaken... :8:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mystery Solved?

Based upon what I have been reading in some other threads, surely we can just call Honda America to get a clear, concise and politely delivered answer to the question that is haunting us all.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
beowulf777 said:
In case it didn't come through my last post was laced with a bit of sarcasm.
It came through loud and clear. :D

·
Registered
408 Posts
I installed (Is not such upgrade that I know) one additional alarm for the glass, tires and body of the Pilot. How it works is a sound sensor installed on the drivers area and has a volume that can be setup. If the volume is high any noise will trigger off the siren.

Work very good, if I softly hit the rear window with my hand the alarm made four consecutive chirps, like advising, don't do it the alarm will be off, if I hit the glass hard (without breaking the window of course) the alarm shut off immediately.

This alarm is combined with the factory alarm, keeping the driver door open first and the Honda remote controls. Of course installed on the dealer I pay like 400 and change.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
colousa said:
This alarm is combined with the factory alarm, keeping the driver door open first and the Honda remote controls. Of course installed on the dealer I pay like 400 and change.
Did I understand this right. You said the glass sensor is available as a dealer installed option but JUST for the glass sensor you paid $400?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jiaronnis said:
Any final confirmation on this feature being standard on the EX or not:confused:
Kemosabe states emphatically that glass sensor is not standard so that's what I believe.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
florida_guy said:

Kemosabe states emphatically that glass sensor is not standard so that's what I believe.
Unless I completely missed it in the owner's manual, no where does it say anything about glass sensors...

...plus, I believe member ChuckW had the windows in his Redrock Pearl smashed a while ago, and no alarm went off!!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
First is a fact is not sensor alarm on the EX model.

Second able (As per my dealer true? or false?) The extra alarm they installed on my card is for the following:

If I left any of the doors open, still this alarm arm in self.

If I remove the key from the ignition and do not open any doors still arm itself.

If somebody hit any part of the body of the car trigger the alarm

If somebody tries to lift the car in a jack or a tow truck the alarm goes off (flat bed I don't think so)

If they rip me off I don't really know.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Alarm Upgrade

I purchased an alram upgrade with my Pilot. When I was looking into it they explained that the factory alarm did not have glass breakage detection nor did it have detection if the vehicle was towed. The upgrade has both, I haven't broken a window to test this but if you thump your hand against the window it goes off. I accidently set it off this weekend, real early Saturday morning, opps. I jumped out of bed to wash the Pilot before the rain came and when I pushed the back winshield wiper back into place and it went pop, the alram went off!!! I had to run inside for the keys and my husband comes out yelling at me, what on earth was I doing washing the car with the doors locked.... My neighbors love me I am sure..

I have the paperwork in the Pilot with the manufacturer and the price I paid etc, Florida_guy if you want it...

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
colousa said:
First is a fact is not sensor alarm on the EX model.

Second able (As per my dealer true? or false?) The extra alarm they installed on my card is for the following:

If I left any of the doors open, still this alarm arm in self.

If I remove the key from the ignition and do not open any doors still arm itself.

If somebody hit any part of the body of the car trigger the alarm

If somebody tries to lift the car in a jack or a tow truck the alarm goes off (flat bed I don't think so)

If they rip me off I don't really know.
O.K. so you got the dealer to put all this extra stuff on for $400. That's the package I want.

Do you know if this was a honda upgrade or did the dealer use an aftermarket shop to do it?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts