Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM Recalls Some SUVs

General Motors will recall 44,653 2003 model year midsize sport utility vehicles — including the Chevrolet TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy and Oldsmobile Bravada — to replace a faulty brake pipe that could fracture and reduce front brake performance.

GM will begin notifying owners May 29. Dealers will replace the left-front brake pipe.

·
Registered
429 Posts
that could fracture and reduce front brake performance
Reduce? As in no brake performance or a whole lot less than you need performance! I always love how they word these recalls. One for my Rodeo was for a suspension bolt and bushing. They danced around the fact that if it breaks 1 wheel is going straight and the other is making a permanant turn!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hey, I thought they were "Like a Rock"

·
Registered
276 Posts
GM Quality rises? I'm not seeing it......

Every Trailblazer I've been in, I've been able to "rattle" some piece or another almost until it came off. How (or WHY) do people buy this P.O.S. for $30,000 when it's going to fall apart before they even drive it off the dealer lot? :rolleyes: You can find better quality in a Kia or Hyundai! (hello, Chevy???) That trio of SUV's is a total embarrassment to GM, especially when they are advertising their increase in quality rankings.

But the old GM still exists..........Upon visiting a local GM dealer yesterday to get the oil changed in my GP, I was sitting in a Pontiac Montana minivan in the showroom. Besides the usual GM bulky plastic switchgear, nearly half of the left-side instrument panel trim was loose! It could have easily been pulled off. And a few loose switches on a new Chevy Tahoe...... My 5 year old Grand Prix is still "Like a Rock" and is the only GM vehicle I would consider buying again.

GM has lost me as a repeat customer.....at least for now. Most of the models now are not worth the money. They have even screwed up the redesign of my beloved Grand Prix! :3:

Over the past few years, especially since getting the PILOT, I have come to like every single model that Honda now makes. I wouldn't hesitate at all to buy another Honda.....the problem would be which vehicle to buy!:D

·
Registered
919 Posts
Many, many vehicles have recalls (ours included). I don't see this as a reason to bash them. It happens. At least they admitted that there was a problem and they are adressing it.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
xyzzy said:
Many, many vehicles have recalls (ours included). I don't see this as a reason to bash them. It happens. At least they admitted that there was a problem and they are adressing it.
I wouldn't consider most of this thread GM bashing. It's mostly statement of fact. They build crap, no way around it. I will, as I've said on this board before, never ever knowingly by a GM vehicle again. And who knows if they admitted a problem, or NHTSA convinced them to do a recall.

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
jay said:

I wouldn't consider most of this thread GM bashing. It's mostly statement of fact. They build crap, no way around it. I will, as I've said on this board before, never ever knowingly by a GM vehicle again. And who knows if they admitted a problem, or NHTSA convinced them to do a recall.
Easy, while the Trailblazer , Envoy,etc. havent gotten very good ratings, the Tahoe and Suburban have done fairly well.

I'd rather have a GM product over a Chrysler product any day. :4:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
tonyrwc said:
Easy, while the Trailblazer , Envoy,etc. havent gotten very good ratings, the Tahoe and Suburban have done fairly well.

I'd rather have a GM product over a Chrysler product any day. :4:
The Hummer H2 is built on Suburban mechanicals, and is the J.D. Power rated worst vehicle in quality, if I recall correctly. And having a GM vehicle instead of a Chrysler is sorta like preferring hanging by the thumbs to being stretched on the rack, isn't it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have had 3 Suburbans. The first two (3rd is to new) both had alternators that went bad. I was told by the service manager that it must be the Alabama heat. I asked him why my Trooper (at that time) still had its alternator and was in the SAME sun? Shrugged shoulders....Middle suburban also had transmission that went out at 70,000 miles...when I started asking my friends about it, 3 out of 5 owners ALSO had had their trans go out...also, the intake manifold gasket went out. If you look over the internet, you will find that this is one of those "known" problems. they were gong to charge me $800 to fix it.

Bottom line...GM vehicles are junk. NO comparison. Ask ANYBODY who has had both GM and a Toyota or Honda. ANYBODY.

JUNK-JUNK-JUNK:4:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Proof that GM is on Crack

I've owned two '87 Chevy Z-24's - one totalled, and one simply drove into the ground during college. I still have a place in my heart for that GM product.

That was then, this is now.

I acknowledge that not every model offered by a manufacturer is gonna be a winner, but there's simply no excuse for this POS :2:

Like... enjoy what?????

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
The reason I bought my Pilot was because the problems I had with my Suburban (alternator, intake manifold gasket, and trans going out at 80,000). I also had to replace the battery 3 times and the things ate front brakes for breakfast. I am anxious to see how the Pilot is faring in 3 years.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Re: Proof that GM is on Crack

rtresco said:
I've owned two '87 Chevy Z-24's - one totalled, and one simply drove into the ground during college. I still have a place in my heart for that GM product.

That was then, this is now.

I acknowledge that not every model offered by a manufacturer is gonna be a winner, but there's simply no excuse for this POS :2:

Like... enjoy what?????
Enjoy all the smiles by others as they pass you by. They are really laughing at your car...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had forgotten about the brakes and the batterIES. AAAAHHHHH....so someone else had alternator, trans, and intake manifold gasket problems.....

GM headquarters denied to me that they had widespread problems.
cost me a LOT of money.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
jay said:
And having a GM vehicle instead of a Chrysler is sorta like preferring hanging by the thumbs to being stretched on the rack, isn't it.
Bwah! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts