Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Tri state owners(Putnam Valley NY), never guessed their would be a Honda board or even Honda meets? Silver EXL DVD. Let you know when I Take delivery!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'll join you in the soon to be pilot owners club. Build date Aug 23-26.
Manhasset, Long Island.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are you paying MSRP for your Pilots? Did you have a trade in? Did you have to negotiate with the salesperson? Did you have to take any extras you didn't want? Would you recommend the dealerships you are taking the car from?

Thanks for your response.

I am looking at purchasing an EX-L with DVD in black or silver with a trade. So far, dealers want nearly $1K over sticker.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm almost there...

Now that we are not going to change our minds, we should have delivery soon enough.

See you when I'm looking at you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
paid MSRP no forced options - NorthShore Honda - GlenCove. Offered me $700 for my 93 Grand Cherokee (paint peeling). Got $2200 from a private sale.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I am still battling to acquire my Pilot. It's at the dealership. Plans on picking it up in California is cancelled. Will have it trucked in to Las Vegas.

I'll spare you the details on all the stuff I have to go through to get my Pilot. I will just post when I get it hopefully before the weekend.

Happy Piloting everyone!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Vegasdude,

What happened? I've been following your journey to Pilotville and the last I heard, the dealer was picking you up at the airport. Is it still the tax deal? Sorry to hear about the delays.

Chris

·
Registered
389 Posts
xyzzy,
Men it has been a tuff battle. Yesterday I was told I just need to pay $25 temp. registration and not pay California taxes. So I went ahead and bought my airline tix and made arrangement with them to pick me up.
Got a call this morning, I will still be paying for the taxes........ I was NOT happy. He said, he will pay for my tix because they are not refundable. After talking to him about 15 times today this is where we're at...............
They will truck in my vehicle to my house or work for $400 bucks and he will pay $100 out of that (compensation for my airline tix)......so tomorrow I should have my PILOT! I am keeping my fingers crossed. A $200 truck in company was not available till next week...........

Wish me luck everyone!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Definitely good luck to you. I don't understand what their beef is. Vehicle taxes are due to the state in which the vehicle will be registered (your home state). Typically the dealers are required to charge the tax at purchase and will charge you at your state's tax rate (down to the county if there is a difference) and they mail that check to your state along with the title paperwork. I've been through this numerous times. Sounds like they don't have their act together. Oh well, the trouble will all be worth it once you get behind the wheel, crank up the tunes, and go hit the town. Again, good luck bud!

Chris

·
Registered
347 Posts
:6: Praying it will be here soon..................Ship date Aug 15...10 Days Transit......... Not soon enough........:3:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts