Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Pilot EX-L 2WD
64 Posts
Yep, I will never forgive Honda for doing something so stupid. We've been lucky on our 18 Accord to only have it been swamped from rain once, but jeez who thought it was a great idea to have something that can be triggered accidentally. I'd be willing to bet $ that it happens 100+ times accidentally for every one time done intentionally.
I’ve had my Pilot for a little more than 2.5 yrs and have never triggered anything from the key fob by accident. I use the window roll down feature almost every time I’m going to get in the car during the summer. Using it multiple times a day for a few months a year I’m sure I’ve used it hundreds of times.

I like the feature but wish it only did the windows and not the sunroof. My car has never been rained in but I’ve gotten to my car to find bird poop on the center console twice. I also wish it didn’t open the sunroof so I could use it in weather like we had a couple days ago, 95° and mostly sunny but humidity levels so high that there are pop-up rain showers. I have window visors so I can crack my windows without letting any rain in but can’t do it from the remote because that would open the sunroof as well.

I think Honda should adjust the feature to only do the windows, plus make it a more complex button combination to activate it because even though I’ve never done it on accident enough other people have that there’s obviously room for improvement.

·
Registered
2018 EX-L AWD
80 Posts
depress the unlock button twice, holding the second press....windows will roll down and sunroof will open until the button is released...

·
Registered
141 Posts
I see, so there you go... Because if you release the button when the windows are 8 inches down, that's where it stops.
They need to put a flip up cover on these friggin key fobs 😡 and stop making seats that are lower in the rear end (buttcheeks).
I always try to set my driver's seat with the rear of the seat as low a possible and the front as high as possible. I am 6' 2" tall and that helps with thigh support and helps make up for not quite enough legroom. My former 1995 Volvo 850 Turbo had excellent seats and this worked out very well. My 2021 Pilot, not quite as accommodating.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts