Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leased 01/04/03 about 3,000 miles on it now. I noticed a few of you had yours for a short time about 10k or so. Did you lose a lot of money when you traded it in? Mine is a 4yr lease so am I stuck until then? I would get something less expensive maybe even a used car. Is it possible to get out of it at this point? I'm tired of all the headaches already. Any advice, tips are appreciated :) BTW I own a Silver EX-L RES w/all 4 mudguards if that helps any...

·
Registered
48 Posts
What headaches are you talking about? Course I've only had mine about 4 days but I love it. I have had the not start issue once, but I key'd to off and back on again and it started. Just curious that's all. btw, you're going to loss quite a bit. But it depends on how the market for pilots are, if the dealership can only get 4 a month it will sell better.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'm with silverex.

13,000 miles here, and no problems.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hwyking said:
Leased 01/04/03 about 3,000 miles on it now. I noticed a few of you had yours for a short time about 10k or so. Did you lose a lot of money when you traded it in? Mine is a 4yr lease so am I stuck until then? I would get something less expensive maybe even a used car. Is it possible to get out of it at this point? I'm tired of all the headaches already. Any advice, tips are appreciated :) BTW I own a Silver EX-L RES w/all 4 mudguards if that helps any...
Hwyking, You can almost always get out of a lease. I guess the true question is if it's cost effective or not.

Sorry to hear you're having a bunch of headaches w/ your new Pilot. I too am interested in hearing more specifics about what they are. My Pilot has about 3,500 miles now and has been trouble free.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'm with catbert and silverex. What problems? We've had ours since August '02 with no problems.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can get out of a lease, but it's gonna cost you. You would have to buy the car. Call the leasing company and ask them what your buyout is. It's probably going to be a 3-7 k difference in what it's worth and what your buyout is. Just a rough estimate.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problems are the same ones everyone else is going through. There's a few threads that I made check them out... Also the fact that I didn't even need this big of a car just gets to me, that's another big reason I want out. What can I say my prior lease was up so it's either re-fi to purchase (what I planned to do from day 1) or get something else. Once you start looking at new cars all you can think about is having another one so I jumped on the Pilot. Don't get me wrong it's super nice & the value for the amount of car is great but it's just not for me. I'm more than likely stuck because the cost to get out will probably be massive & not worth it in the end.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems HWYKING. I am going on 10000 trouble free miles...

You might have some luck trying to get someone to assume your lease. Put an add in the local car buyer or newspaper.. Maybe a sign at the local supermarket or your house of worship.. goodluck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts