Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Y'all:

I've been monitoring the site for awhile. I originally signed on the mdx site b/c I was going to buy an mdx but Bought a Pilot!

Today or Tomorrow I'll take delivery of my Black EX w/dvd. I am having heated seats and an American Sunroof Company moon roof installed as well as XM radio. Also added a grille guard.

I am replacing a 1993 Toyota landscruiser. I love it, but gas mileage kills me and maintenance on a rig w/ 150K miles is extensive. Also the 4WD system is overkill for my needs. We have 3 kids and a yellow lab, so I needed a family rig (wife has a Chrysler Town & Country).

I decided on the Pilot for many reasons. I didn't want a big rig like a Tahoe or Suburban. I looked at Toyota Sequoia, but still bigger than what I wanted and again gas mileage. Toyota 4Runner still only has two rows of seats. I also looked at Volvo XC90, but price caught me. Not interested in explorer or aviator. Navigator too big, expedition too big, Lexus not enough seats, this filled the bill.

I decided against the MDX because of price. Even getting the after market moon roof and heated seats, a comparable MDX would run me another $6-7K over my Pilot.

I like the Pilot. Exterior is okay, interior is great. Room is wonderful for my needs. Here are the key deal makers for me:

1) Utility for my needs
2) new vehicle
3) fold flat seats
4) AWD system
5) dvd for the kids
6) Honda reputation for build quality (we had an accord before w/ no problems)
7) Price for what ya get
8) 240HP (landcruiser only had 180hp and weighed 2X as much)
9) neat things-steering wheel controls, panic bars all around, map lights, temp gauge, front console, easy access

Now if I can only get it here.....

·
Registered
725 Posts
Congrats!!

Welcome to the "PILOT Collective" - you are now one of the few, the proud - The Piloteers!!!!

Enjoy your new PILOT! My wife and I have had ours for nearly 3-months now and completely enjoy it. Even after 6,100 miles, it feels like the day I drove it off the lot.

Happy PILOTing

Sagebrush Pearl-EX

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Heated Seats?

thjatty,

Welcome! I'm curious to see the finished product of the heated seats & roof. Keep us updated. I'm only a few miles away from you!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Glad to have you aboard!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the response. Steve, My moonroof and heated seats are being installed in shreveport. Cost of roof is $1K and heated seats is $500. butt warmers and backwarmers. total cost of vehicle w/add ons of moonroof, buttwarmers, xm radio, mud flaps, side steps, grille guard is $35.7K.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got it yesterday. looks great. moonroof looks factory installed!!!

dealer here is wanting to take pictures and have other customeres come by and look at it. Also have the Manik grille guard that looks cool. butt warmers are only on/off, but work great on seat and back rest. Dealer threw in all season mats and cargo tray. Now if i can only keep the darn thing clean since its black....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts