Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I get this to happen. The slide position either has the driver side mirror tilt, none or passenger depending on position of the slide. How can I get both mirrors to tilt down in reverse?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's crazy to me. I like to back in spots and to be able to see the painted lines in both sides would be a beauty.

Surprised there isn't a hack to get both to swivel down when in reverse.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This should be a vehicle settings item, we had it in our 2008 Chrysler Aspen. Honda really needs to get in the game with this sort of stuff. The new Hyundai Pallisade has a plethora of cameras, one reason I’ll be looking at that when our lease is up (not up mention these stupid arm rests). If I’m paying almost $50k for a vehicle this stuff needs to be included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
379 Posts
What happened to turning your head? LoL. I drove for years turning my head, using the mirrors the way they are. I lived in the city and had to parallel park a lot, never needed tilting mirrors. I think people have gotten lazy. I see people all the time using their cameras to back up, they still do a crap job LoL. I don't use my camera at all, it's mostly always dirty anyway.

·
Registered
26 Posts
To each their own. I did the same for years until I backed into a low sitting trailer and did $800 in damage to the back of the car. If Hyundai and Kia offer this stuff in their SUV’s Honda certainly should at least match them. It shouldn’t take a bump to Acura especially in the higher trim levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What happened to turning your head? LoL. I drove for years turning my head, using the mirrors the way they are. I lived in the city and had to parallel park a lot, never needed tilting mirrors. I think people have gotten lazy. I see people all the time using their cameras to back up, they still do a crap job LoL. I don't use my camera at all, it's mostly always dirty anyway.
When backing into a spot, to look in the side mirrors tilted down and see you are square between the lines isn't turning your head.

Parelel parking and looking in a tilted mirror to see how close a 20" rim is to a 90 degree curb isn't turning your head.

The mirrors tilt singularly. That they don't both tilt is a foolish oversight.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Technical progress and the quest for an ever more convenient life. It is also practical. You can see things with the mirror folded down that you simply have no line of sight of without, like how close your back wheel is to the curb.

Besides, the backup camera together with the cross traffic warning makes for a safer backup system overall. But yeah, it does make people lazier, I catch myself not tweaking my neck around as I put the car in reverse, when I drive my wife’s car occasionally (which does not have a backup camera).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts