Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2019 Touring has a Honda Music App which basically allows you to copy music from a USB or other device onto a dedicated hard drive in the vehicle. I have done this using several different USB devices and it works well except that the cover art never shows up.

Anyone been able to get the cover art showing and if so, how? I have ripped CD's to Window Media onto my computer with cover art showing there, and then burned the albums from Window Media onto the USB. The cover art isn't being picked up once copied onto the Honda Music app.

Just a quick thanks also to this forum as I didn't even realize the Pilot had this feature. I read about it a few months ago before even purchasing the Pilot.

I had an Acura MDX which allowed any CD being played to be copied directly from the car player into a hard drive and cover art also copied from it.

The Pilot is a bit different having to copy from a USB or other source. I don't think but will try putting a CD into the player and see if I have an option to copy directly from that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A related question - my dealer tells me that there is no way to load playlists onto the internal drive...just load up all the music, and play it all.
Has anyone found a way to have playlists? Without that, the huge capacity is useless. I'll just keep using Spotify via Bluetooth or Android Auto...

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgive me for not quite understanding what you mean by playlist. I copy my music to the HD using a USB with the songs/albums on it. When it is done, I can select by artist, album, or song. It's basically like just picking a CD to play except it is all available on the HD.

·
Registered
152 Posts
A related question - my dealer tells me that there is no way to load playlists onto the internal drive...just load up all the music, and play it all.
Has anyone found a way to have playlists? Without that, the huge capacity is useless. I'll just keep using Spotify via Bluetooth or Android Auto...
I created folders on my thumb drive - Classical, Christmas, 60s Music, 70s Music, 80s Music. When I transferred the thumb drive to the Pilot internal drive, the folders remained intact. I can search and play folders.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 2019 Touring has a Honda Music App which basically allows you to copy music from a USB or other device onto a dedicated hard drive in the vehicle. I have done this using several different USB devices and it works well except that the cover art never shows up.

Anyone been able to get the cover art showing and if so, how? I have ripped CD's to Window Media onto my computer with cover art showing there, and then burned the albums from Window Media onto the USB. The cover art isn't being picked up once copied onto the Honda Music app.

Just a quick thanks also to this forum as I didn't even realize the Pilot had this feature. I read about it a few months ago before even purchasing the Pilot.

I had an Acura MDX which allowed any CD being played to be copied directly from the car player into a hard drive and cover art also copied from it.

The Pilot is a bit different having to copy from a USB or other source. I don't think but will try putting a CD into the player and see if I have an option to copy directly from that.
I just loaded a lot of music I copied from iTunes to a flash drive, then onto My Honda Music. Album art does appear as it did in iTunes. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts