Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a set of used genuine honda 42753-STK-A03 sensors for a spare set of 17 winter wheels for my 09 Pilot. Will they automatically detect upon installation or is reprogramming needed. I ask because the price to go to a place that also programs is twice as much as just a mount and balance place

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has anyone put on used tire pressure sensor that are made for their cars model? Did they automatically connect or was programming needed?

·
Read Only
187 Posts
I looks like need to know the frequency! Hopefully the battery is not to old in the one you bought, It does not seem worth it to do the work to replace the battery IMHO. If it was me I would of bought a Genuine Honda or Denso Part(same OEM). But there are allot of fake sellers of Genuine Honda parts giving you cheap cloned one's in fake Honda wrappers.

I personally wouldn't bother doing this myself but this guy seems to of figure out a ******* DIY, I'm gonna buy new Denso's with the same frequency and give them to the guy when I buy new tires which I need soon. Thanks for the reminder

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
the used tps are genuine honda tps that where on another honda pilot in my years range (09-15) that come with a warranty. I just was looking to see if they would be recognized with no programming since they are made for the vehicle but where on another pilot first. they also come with a scan receipt for frequency and refresh kit. Thank you for your help/reply

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 194,000 miles
343 Posts
If they were on another pilot before and have good batteries, you don’t need to program anything. Your car will recognize them automatically. When I did mine it took about 10 min of driving to sync all of them.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
354 Posts
I just put steel wheels with aftermarket tpms sensors. Mounted the winters and they picked up with no programming needed. They were preset, but did not need any additional programming.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,236 Posts
That's why when one place wanted to charge me a TPMS programming fee, I gave them the old raised eyebrow chortle and walked away. I didn't even bother to find out if they were crooks or simply incompetent.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
354 Posts
That's why when one place wanted to charge me a TPMS programming fee, I gave them the old raised eyebrow chortle and walked away. I didn't even bother to find out if they were crooks or simply incompetent.
At our shop we always reset tpms for free. Also, checked psi for free. 5 minutes of our time was worth it to keep customers happy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts