Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

What brand of gasoline do you use most often?

• Amoco

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • BP

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Chevron-Texaco

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Exxon-Mobil

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Sunoco

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Citgo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Costco

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Shell

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • Other NAME brand

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Other generic

Votes: 12 12.9%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand of gas do you use. I tried Amoco for a while, but found that Costco no-name gas seems to work just as well.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
:) speedway and citgo, will try the premium brands like amoco, mobil or shell if the price is comparable to the generic ones

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
speedway or costco

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
michaelp95 said:
Sam's Club gas!!
Same-O Same-O!! Not sure what the brand is, but it's the least expensive around these parts and works JUST FINE!!

YMMV

·
Registered
236 Posts
colorider said:

Same-O Same-O!! Not sure what the brand is, but it's the least expensive around these parts and works JUST FINE!!

YMMV
Exactly, most gas stations here are still selling gas for in the low to mid $1.70 range, and Sam's has been selling here for $1.41 yesterday, they have been dropping the price about 6-7 cents per gallon every week I have been to fill up.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I fill up at Costco - it's 20 cents cheaper per gallon...I wait until the light is on and I'm running on empty b/c it goes down by the day!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
colorider said:

YMMV
Murphy Oil Corporation supplies the gasoline for WalMart/Sam's Club. They also supply the SPUR branded stations.

·
Registered
481 Posts
2GREENCARS said:
I fill up at Costco - it's 20 cents cheaper per gallon...I wait until the light is on and I'm running on empty b/c it goes down by the day!
Ditto. We gas up at Costco 90% of the time.

The Costco attendants report that they get truckloads from Shell or Amoco or _____. If true, then this is good gas at a great price.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
:confused: Mmm, I never saw a Costco station in chicago? maybe a coastal or citgo. will check when I drive there today!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Rotten Robbie:2:

Nothing but the best...:p

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
sblvro said:
:confused: Mmm, I never saw a Costco station in chicago? maybe a coastal or citgo. will check when I drive there today!
In the NW burbs the Costco in lake Zurich has a gas station

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
:) ahh okay, the farthest NW I've been was arlington hts, shaumburg area, rockford and down to naperville-orland park

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
SteveLuman said:

Murphy Oil Corporation supplies the gasoline for WalMart/Sam's Club. They also supply the SPUR branded stations.

Hmmm, I have never heard of either here in Colorado. I'll try to pay closer attention to the truck the next time I see them refilling the tanks.

Thanks!
:)

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
sblvro said:
:) ahh okay, the farthest NW I've been was arlington hts,
remember to wave at me next time you pass arlington hts ;) :p

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Usually Mobil for me! LOVE their Speedpass. Hangs on your Key Chain... Wave it in front of the Speedpass logo on the pump, gas & go! :29:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
ramirami said:

remember to wave at me next time you pass arlington hts ;) :p
;) Ill be the silver pilot with michigan plates

·
Registered
393 Posts
Sage said:
Usually Mobil for me! LOVE their Speedpass. Hangs on your Key Chain... Wave it in front of the Speedpass logo on the pump, gas & go! :29:
whoa, sounds pretty snazzy. Never seen that before. They probably came up with it to get us geeky folks to try it out. Makes gassing up fun?!?:2:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Pilot4Biking said:

whoa, sounds pretty snazzy. Never seen that before. They probably came up with it to get us geeky folks to try it out. Makes gassing up fun?!?:2:
Well alot easier that's for sure. No fumbling for the credit card or having to put it back anywhere. All you need is your keys. It's only about an inch long too, about the size of a paper clip. I'm surprised more gas cards don't off this. I have a few & Mobil's the only one that does. It can be used inside too for those "I gotta have a Snickers Bar" moments! :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts