Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the price of gas in the U.S these days?

Here is B.C, it has jumped over 8 cents a litre in 7 days!!

I guess do to a possible war in Iraq.

Any big differences down south?

·
Registered
494 Posts
The cheapest I've seen in Phoenix two days ago was $1.39 per gal.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Just heard on WTOP news radio (driving in to work this morning) that gas prices are soaring in the D.C. area. Here are excerpts from the report:

Gas Prices Soar in District
Updated: Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2003 - 4:21 AM EST.

By MICHAEL W. KAHN
Associated Press Writer
WASHINGTON - It's not a pinch that drivers in and around the nation's capital have been feeling in their wallets. It's more like a jolt.

AAA Mid-Atlantic's latest gas price survey, released Tuesday, found the average price of a gallon of self-service regular was $1.62 in the Washington area. That is up dime in a week. In some instances, prices jumped a nickel overnight.

[ S N I P P E D ]

Fear of a war in Iraq, a possible terrorist strike on U.S. soil, and the loss of oil and gas supplies from Venezuela are believed to be among the factors driving up prices.

[ S N I P P E D]

"Even if we see an increase (in crude oil prices) it take three or four weeks before that should be reflected in our pipelines," Anderson said.

At $1.68, District of Columbia stations have the highest average price, followed by $1.62 in Maryland and $1.54 in Virginia. A year ago, the average price in the region was $1.12.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Last week I put gas in our other car @ 1.53 per gallon. The next day I went to the same gas station to put gas in our Pilot. The price had gone up to 1.57 (in less than 24 hours) per gallon and the station had SOLD OUT of the regular grade AND mid grade gasoline. The premium grade was 2.02! I went riding down the street and found another station @ 1.53.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Gas prices have gone up approximately 15 cents a gallon over the last couple weeks in Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming. I paid $1.46 yesterday afternoon at Sam's, which was about 9-13 cents less than most of the name brands.

Gonna be a more expensive Summer than last for any kind of travel!:(

YMMV

·
Registered
29 Posts
$1.74 per gallon for REGULAR UNLEADED yesterday in central Ohio! YIKES! I think I'm gonna have to go buy one of those hybrid cars just to get myself around town!

I'm afraid to even LOOK at my heating gas bill.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
GR8PILOT said:
$1.74 per gallon for REGULAR UNLEADED yesterday in central Ohio! YIKES! I think I'm gonna have to go buy one of those hybrid cars just to get myself around town!

Simply get yourself a Honda with TWO wheels. :awais:

My "other" Honda gets anywhere from the upper 40's to lower 50's for mileage.

rod

·
Registered
449 Posts
hey gopilot,
right across the line in Bellingham, WA it is about 1.55 AND we have FOUR refineries within a half-hour radius.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
In San Francisco, regular unleaded is now going for right around $2 per gallon. Now driving smaller car to cut down gas bill and saving Pilot for the weekend.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Every one of you have it made compared to us poor saps in the Bay Area. It's up to $1.90 in San Jose and $2.00+ in San Francisco. If Bush decides to fix our economy by going to war with Iraq, I wouldn't be suprised if we hit $3.00 here by the end of the year. Needless to say, my lovable Pilot sits in my garage during the week. I bring it out on Weekends and special occasions. BTW, I got 18.5 mpg's on my 1st tank of gas. Not bad. I am quite pleased.

·
Registered
143 Posts
3% off any gas purchase

If you frequently use and pay off ( that's the key) your credit card every month, Chase Bank has their new "freedom" mastercard or visa, which gives an automatic 3% discount on fuel purchases at ANY station, plus 1% applied on any other purchase. Every little bit helps.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
The gas price in the city jumped from 70.4 to 76.5 here for regular. It's total BS. Can you imagine if you were driving an X or some other SUV's/cars that required Premium gas? Scary!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Toledo, Ohio area is $1.75 for regular. Heard rumors about it going up a lot more tomorrow. We even have 3 refineries in the area!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: 3% off any gas purchase

Spartanman said:
If you frequently use and pay off ( that's the key) your credit card every month, Chase Bank has their new "freedom" mastercard or visa, which gives an automatic 3% discount on fuel purchases at ANY station, plus 1% applied on any other purchase. Every little bit helps.
Funny you should mention this card! Just got mine... Used to be just Shell gas but now ANY brand! You're right - every little bit DOES help! :cool:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
brooklynpilot said:
$1.41 for 89 in New Jersey.
Thats a pretty decent price right now for mid-grade! $1.69 for 87 here yesterday. Sigh... :(

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
:mad: Here in the chicago area its up by 40 cents in last 2 week. 87 octane (thankyou pilot for taking this) is around $1.85

·
Registered
469 Posts
Read 'em and weep...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 78 Posts