Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

here's the problem, on my first tank of gas, the gas needle went down accordingly. but on my second tank of gas, it hasn't gone down at all (still at the F line) and i'm about 200 km into the tank. i'm think it should be around the 1/2 way mark, cuz thats what it was on the first tank i think. should i be concerned or am i getting awesome mileage? im gonna drive it a bit more to see if it moves.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Seems to me I've read this problem before. I think most have averaged around 14-17 mpg on the first dealer tank (which should've been a full tank) and then it gets better from there.
Pardon my ingnorance but not sure how many 'miles' 200km actually is. I'm now getting around 315 MILES per tank of gas.
I know the needle does move slowly at first then seems to speeds to empty on some. There is a Gas Mikeage thread.
So if 200km equates to 150 miles or more - I'd get it checked. Should have moved at 1/2 tank. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I get between 300 and 350 Kms to half a tank. Your gas tank should read approx. 3/4 full at 200 Kms. I agree you should have it checked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts