Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 EX-L (4wd) which is rated at 18/25/21. Per the computer, I've been getting around 19-20 mpg since I purchased the car. I suddenly got a check engline light for a cylinder misfire a couple months ago and brought it to the dealer. They replaced all 4 fuel injectors for me under warranty. Ever since that service, I've only been getting 16-17mpg. Could the dealer have messed something up or is it possible there is another underlying problem they didn't fix, but the engine code was cleared by just replacing the fuel injectors?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry I guess there's 6 fuel injectors.. I wasn't thinking ?
Also, I don't drive on the highway so my miles are all 25-45mph suburban driving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can't know your driving style obviously but doesn't matter as i'm sure your driving the same way and on the same roads. This happened to me with my MDX. It would get many emissions faults / Honda eventually remapped the fuel system and no more faults. But came at the expense of gas milage. These engines are so bloody lean these days / big difference for sure in your before and after but i'm not sure it's terrible for big AWD vehicle doing city driving only. I'm curious if the car drives the same or better ?

·
Registered
241 Posts
If the misfire affected all cylinders, look for a common cause. The cause may reoccur intermittently due to a marginal component.
The crank and or cam position sensor(s) are used to time the fuel injection system and ignition system. They should be checked for signal quality to the ECU. Check your engine block grounds to the chassis and the battery negative terminal cable and connection to the chassis.
If the misfire was accompanied by any other symptoms, take note of them. For example, a loss of power on acceleration can be due to a defective catalytic converter if it’s element was broken. This happened on a new ‘90 Prelude that I bought, and the solution was to replace the catalytic converter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts