Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
82k mileage with no tune-up yet.

It started last year. Gas mileage has been dropped from 18/22 to 16 ish in the city and now it is 14-15.

The dealer suggested throttle body cleaning and I just doubt if that will solve. I have regularly used the cleaning solution thast gets mixed with gas ever since I owned the car. I am the original owner. I am not sure what to do to improve. Filter is clean.i have checked as many as I could myself

If anyone has good suggestion, I'd appreciate it

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Start looking at things that are in general that you would replace / clean in the 100 k tuneup phase .Plugs are now starting to show age ..those are the original plugs they get swapped at 100k ish I never keep mine in that long now it's the time I'm also looking at plugs (85K myself). When was the last time you swapped the fluid on the trans , rear differential , and front transfer case? I notice in mine when those come to the time to be replaced in fluid I start to loose mileage. TB cleaning is pretty straight forward nothing much there to be worried about..takes bout 10 mins or so. Both of my Gen 1's 06's have more than 250k and they are still getting close to the factory mileage for them So i tend to duplicate the same habits over to my gen 2 pilot. Check the air pressure on the tires make sure they are topped off. It's a start hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts