Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's a good one. My wife tells me the gas door fell off at the station today. Said she hit the unlock on the inside of the car and went out and the cover was on the ground. ImageUploadedByAG Free1410314497.270403.jpg Come home and sure enough it's bent and the plastic piece underneath appears broken.

Two questions:

1: How can this happen
2: how to replace/repair, will a new one clip right up to the actual plastic door or is there more involved?

Thank you in advance...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Just fell off, hu???

LOL - Women!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
:headshak::headshak::headshak:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry, I don't know if it will clip back on. But, it does reminds me of the time I found a large scratch, and light blue paint matching the trim color of the garage on my side view mirror.

That just happened also, but no one saw or heard anything (which is usually the case in my house).

·
Administrator
15,573 Posts
My son backed his Mum's car into the garage door.
Having done that to my D1, I laughed!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Tell the truth.......... you have no wife and you don't want to take the blame. :headshak:

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
I think I caught it on my dashcam.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qdWYG7JhVlo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
15 Posts
So here's a good one. My wife tells me the gas door fell off at the station today. Said she hit the unlock on the inside of the car and went out and the cover was on the ground. View attachment 54674 Come home and sure enough it's bent and the plastic piece underneath appears broken.

Two questions:

1: How can this happen
2: how to replace/repair, will a new one clip right up to the actual plastic door or is there more involved?

Thank you in advance...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
You ever solve this? Same thing happened to mine. Small plastic bit broke off and it fell off. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts