Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Which do you prefer a gas cap with a tether or a gas cap which can be hung on a rung?

• Gas cap with a tether

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Gas cap which can be hung on a rung

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • Tethered gas cup which can be hung on a rung

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • No Preference

Votes: 5 6.6%

Gas Cap Preference

4517 Views 22 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  rodmiser
Do you prefer the gas cap with a tether or the gas cap which can be
hung on the gas cap rung?
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,877 Posts
My previous truck had a tether which eventually broke. The tether would also bind occassionally. I like the tap for it's simplicity.

· Registered
7,945 Posts
dont care...just give me agas cap otherwise I will fail the environmental inspection :p

· Registered
1,266 Posts
djhansensr said:
Here in Jersey, it makes no difference. Can't pump your own gas, so it doesn't matter. :)
If I had to let someone else pump my gas, I think I'd prefer a tethered gas cap; they can't lose what's literally tied down. Since I use self-serve, no preference.

· Registered
3,045 Posts
No Preference, but if others will drive my car, I prefer to have a tether and can be hung inside the gas door.;) :p

· Registered
810 Posts
The cap tether on the Subaru is too short, and sometimes gets in the way of the pump handle. The one on my Exploder was too long, and would dangle and swing (and scratch) on the fender. I actually prefer the "hanger" thing.

· Registered
336 Posts
colorider said:
Also the type that have the tether AND can be hung on a little tab on the gas door.
Such as the Pilot, or the 2005 Pilot at least.

· Registered
7,945 Posts
Added additonal options

· Registered
336 Posts
shellebelle said:
Hehe...I have neither so the cap goes upside down with the handle in the "rain gutter" thing along the length of the roof.
Are you speaking of your 2005 Pilot having neither? That surprises me since mine has both. It is tethered AND has a little plastic tab that goes into a little slot in the gas cover door, as seen here:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.