Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I have a 2019 Pilot EX-L that I purchased back in November and I'm having a problem with the built in garage door opener (Home Link I think). The built in remote will reliably open the door from as far as 300 feet but I have to try and close it MANY times before it will close, sometimes not at all. It could be my imagination but the problem seems to be getting worse as time passes.

Anyone else experiencing this odd behavior? The door opener is a Lift Master that is about three years old. I don't know the exact model number but I can find out if that helps.

By the way I'm a VCMuzzler user from almost day one and can't say enough good things about it. If not for the VCMuzzler I would have gotten rid of my Pilot by now.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you recently replace the bulb in the opener with an LED bulb? I had a similar issue when I installed a new LED bulb. Some work and some cause interference. Mine is also a Liftmaster.

A non LED bulb or a special garage door LED bulb shouldn’t cause any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Does your opener have a small exterior wire (antenna). When the door is open, it may be blocking the antenna signal. If visible, try and hang the antenna wire downward away from the motor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you recently replace the bulb in the opener with an LED bulb? I had a similar issue when I installed a new LED bulb. Some work and some cause interference. Mine is also a Liftmaster.

A non LED bulb or a special garage door LED bulb shouldn’t cause any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good call on the LED bulbs, I took them out and it works perfectly. Makes sense, the lights aren't on when I'm opening the door but they are when I'm trying to close it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
does the light on the homelink blink fast? mine did something like this as well. once or twicse a month, it would NOT work button one, and the light was not flashing as well. cycle power on the car, and it would come back. controller for homelink was locking up. just had it replaced....

·
Registered
199 Posts
+1 on the bulbs. I had experienced the SAME thing - both HomeLink and the original remotes would open the door ever time when I came home from work, but they wouldn't close it when I left for work in the mornings. I finally discovered that as long as the lights were off, the remotes worked fine, but if the lights were on (either manually or for a few minutes after operation), the remote range was reduced. I replaced the Cree-branded LED bulbs with some Genie-branded LED bulbs from the orange home improvement store. Problem solved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts