Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2016 Pilot and my Garage door is LiftMaster Plus. I have never been able to get the Homelink buttons in my Pilot paired with this.

Does anyone know if they are compatible? If yes, how do I go about pairing it. I keep getting a rapidly blinking red light. Per Homelink instructions it means the garage door opener uses a rolling code and I need to put it in a learn mode. But, I don't see any button on my garage door opener unit to put it in "learn mode"

Thanks

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I had that issue with a LiftMaster. I downloaded the manual to find out where the Learn button was. Once I pressed that it locked in the rolling code. My Chamberlain one now is alot easier to program.

·
Registered
302 Posts
If the learn button is not on the back, then it is most likely behind the lamp cover. Mine had a couple screws then the lamp cover tilted down. Press the learn button, go back to the Pilot and press the Homelink button twice slowly.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I believe that in order to pair, you first need to clear the Pilot Homelink thing by bpressing the outter two buttons (?) for about two three seconds, then do the learn button thing, and also you need to finish the learn button and the Homelink button pressing within a few seconds.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Funny I had my new garage doors and openers installed in August. On my Liftmaster 8550 I first went to the Pilot and cleared all old codes using Honda7's directions above ^^^

Once you get the learn button pressed and the red is blinking rapidly take the remote from the liftmaster garage door opener (that had already been paired) and just hold the open/close button down for 5-10 seconds until the code is learned. Make sure you hold the remote in your hand directly up to the homelink rapidly blinking red light. Piece of cake. No need to get up on a ladder to press the "learn" button on the actual opener anymore.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi, I have a 2016 Pilot and my Garage door is LiftMaster Plus. I have never been able to get the Homelink buttons in my Pilot paired with this.

Does anyone know if they are compatible? If yes, how do I go about pairing it. I keep getting a rapidly blinking red light. Per Homelink instructions it means the garage door opener uses a rolling code and I need to put it in a learn mode. But, I don't see any button on my garage door opener unit to put it in "learn mode"

Thanks
The learn button is on the garage door opener itself. Mine is purple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts