Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 Pilot doesn’t consistently open the garage door using the homelink button programmed to do it. Sometimes when the button is pressed, the red light right next to it doesn’t blink and the garage door doesn’t open. Pressing the button 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 times is needed to get the button to work (aka the red light blinks and the garage door either open or closes). Sometimes the button works the first time it is pressed. Does anyone know if the red light flashes when transmitting or when it is actually communicating back and forth with the garage door opener? I’m wondering if there is a problem with the button itself.

My other car doesn’t have homelink so I use a handheld remote to open the door and it works just fine and has way better range too.

I’m going to switch to the middle Homelink button to see if that helps.

thanks in advance for any help.
Luke Mitchell

·
Registered
813 Posts
Other people have said that their HomeLink button goes bad after a while and the only way to fix it is by replacing the whole mirror which is pretty costly. Hopefully there is a TSB on this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yup, my Homelink button went bad on my 2017 as well. I just programmed the other 2 buttons for now. Hopefully, they last. Kind of disappointing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Other people have said that their HomeLink button goes bad after a while and the only way to fix it is by replacing the whole mirror which is pretty costly. Hopefully there is a TSB on this.
Feeling better about having bought the 7-year warranty every day.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,188 Posts
I'm realizing the Homelink buttons is in the mirror on the 3rd gens?
My 08 SE- in the overhead console.
My 15LX- ain't got it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm realizing the Homelink buttons is in the mirror on the 3rd gens?
My 08 SE- in the overhead console.
My 15LX- ain't got it.
From what I can tell it was on the overhead console pre-refresh (‘16-‘18), same as the first and second gens. In ‘19 with the refresh, it moved to the mirror. I could be wrong, though, since my EX doesn’t have an auto dimming mirror.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,306 Posts
It's caused by interference from a combination of 5G waves and chemtrails. :)

OK, one thing to note is that it's more of a push and hold than a push and release.

Even so, I get poor and variable range.

I’m going to switch to the middle Homelink button to see if that helps.
Since I only have one garage door, I've programmed all three buttons to that door. The added benefit is that despite the braille on the buttons, I don't have to guess which button it is coming home in the dark.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve programmed the middle button to open the garage door and it is working well. I’m hoping this button lasts longer than the left one did. Thanks to all who replied.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts