Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I've posted a number of pictures of my XM install, and seen others in various threads, we haven't had a single collection point for pictures of the finished installs of satelllite radio that I'm aware of, until today. Here's my XM Delphi Roady.

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
Jay, if you have one, could you please post a pic of the antenna?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
labow said:
Jay, if you have one, could you please post a pic of the antenna?

Thanks!
Certainly. It's just to the left of the roof rail in this photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks for tip on Roady!

Jay,thanks for the tip on Satellite radio.I bought the Roady-~$130 delivered;I should have it in a week,and it will be installed immediately.It will make our long trips easier.Thanks,Charlie

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
My setup

Picture #1

Attachments

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
#2 - A picture for labow showing the antenna

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
#2 - A picture for labow showing the antenna
Thanks, FLPilot :D :2: I have a thing about antennas! :5:

Thats a cool place to run the cable for the antenna!

Regarding placing the antenna inside\outside the car. Do you think there is any difference in reception between the two even though you have it in the windshield?

Also, since it it digital, what is the signal drop off point? Do you need at least 70% strength to keep it locked?

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SteveLuman has had a Pioneer XM unit for about a year now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
labow said:
Thanks, FLPilot :D :2: I have a thing about antennas! :5:

Thats a cool place to run the cable for the antenna!

Regarding placing the antenna inside\outside the car. Do you think there is any difference in reception between the two even though you have it in the windshield?

Also, since it it digital, what is the signal drop off point? Do you need at least 70% strength to keep it locked?
Not really sure how much of a difference the antenna being outside is. The only time I have drop off is when there is a building over my vehicle, or heavy tree cover. The reason I put mine inside was because I have taken some reports where someone actually cut the wire and took their antenna. Also running the wire was really easy :4:

I don't look at the display much when driving, but I know that when I use it inside my house that even with one bar on the reception meter, I still get a clear lock on the channel I am listening to.

·
Registered
145 Posts
labow said:
We've just tossed the antenna on the dash and have not had any problems. We live in upstate new york (lots of trees and no ground repeaters for XM) and the signal is very strong.

I was concerned about the long-term hit to the paint to mount it outside, as well as having to remember to take it off when going through the car wash (or when in neighborhoods where I don't want it so easily exposed).

--Bret

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's AL904a's XM Commander.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's PilotOwner's XM Commander.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's PilotOwner's XM Commander--very nice!

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
jay said:
Here's PilotOwner's XM Commander--very nice!
PilotOwner where did you get the little cubby that the radio is sitting in?

--Bret

1 - 20 of 84 Posts