Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this today at a local automotive/hardware store in town. I dropped by there to pick up some bungee cords and there they were. The instant I saw them, I knew what I was going to use them for. I put it to use right away and didn't disappoint me. The grabbing power is very good and you only need to have a part of the trash in its claw range to be able to get a good grip/grab at it.

For those in Canada, the store's called Princess Auto. You can check them out here to find a location near you. I bought both the 2 feet and the 3 feet ones. Dirt cheap too, IMO, cost less than 5 bucks for both.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Gadget for trash accumulation problem between the center console and the front seats
Great find RipRock, that little tool will come in really handy especially after next weekend when I get back from a camping trip and have to give the Pilot a thorough cleaning.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hey RipRock, where did you find the Hemorrhoid removal instrument. :D :D

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
borg said:
Great find RipRock, that little tool will come in really handy especially after next weekend when I get back from a camping trip and have to give the Pilot a thorough cleaning.
Thanks, borg. Now, if we can find a vacuum attachment thin enough to fit in there... I know it's not until next weened, but have a safe trip!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tonyrwc said:
LOL! Man, you have a sicker mind than I do. I was thinking of using it to give my nostrils a thorough cleaning :D

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
RipRocK said:

LOL! Man, you have a sicker mind than I do. I was thinking of using it to give my nostrils a thorough cleaning :D
Isn't that what the doctors use at abortion clinics...???

·
Registered
483 Posts
kemosabe said:

Isn't that what the doctors use at abortion clinics...???
Yup, thats the one!

I think thats the same tool that Bill used to hold the infamous cigar (too which I believe Hillary will be selling on EBAY soon) that he used on Monica............you know, when he never "touched" her ?:D

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
tonyrwc said:
Kind of looks like a plumber's snake to me....

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
tonyrwc said:
Yup, thats the one!

I think thats the same tool that Bill used to hold the infamous cigar (too which I believe Hillary will be selling on EBAY soon) that he used on Monica............you know, when he never "touched" her ?:D
tonyrwc: Your comment about Clinton reminded me of an old story...

...back when Bill was elected during his first term as President, he claimed that he tried marijuana, but didn't inhale! During the Lewinsky scandal, he also claimed that he received oral sex, but didn't ejaculate... :eek:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kemosabe said:

tonyrwc: Your comment about Clinton reminded me of an old story...

...back when Bill was elected during his first term as President, he claimed that he tried marijuana, but didn't inhale! During the Lewinsky scandal, he also claimed that he received oral sex, but didn't ejaculate... :eek:
Did he really say that? What an idiot. What I thought would've been funny is if Bill was one of the contestants on the Monica hosted, Mr. Personality, the show which required the men to wear masks to conceal their looks. Can you imagine if Bill's voice resonated from behind one of the masks and Monica automatically kneeled?:2:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
RipRocK said:

Did he really say that? What an idiot. What I thought would've been funny is if Bill was one of the contestants on the Monica hosted, Mr. Personality, the show which required the men to wear masks to conceal their looks. Can you imagine if Bill's voice resonated from behind one of the masks and Monica automatically kneeled?:2:
:2: :2: :2:

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
I came up with the same solution. I got mine at a local army navy store for about about US$3. I'm always losing change out of my pockets down in that crevice. That tool is the only thing that'll get the coins up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
cleaning between console and seats in pilot

I have had an 03 pilot since 6/02, and this is my number one complaint....how to clean between console and seat. This trash grabber will help greatly....won't get dirt, but will grab coins, etc.
Any other ideas will be appreciated. I don't have any other cleaning issues....

·
Registered
656 Posts
Another use.....

I've been using them for years! Another good use for this tool is to use it for rethreading the string in hooded sweatshirts. Insert one end into the hole in the hood and work the spring till it gets to the other opening. Open the end and insert the hood pull string, pull it back through and it's rethreaded! Works real well and is .easy.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've also used one for years. On those rare occasions when I work under the hood of a car, I will invariably drop a nut or small screw down into the bowels of the engine where a hand cannot go. This has been a lifesaver for those times.

Larry

·
Registered
171 Posts
Re: cleaning between console and seats in pilot

SS Hedge said:
I have had an 03 pilot since 6/02, and this is my number one complaint....how to clean between console and seat. This trash grabber will help greatly....won't get dirt, but will grab coins, etc.
Any other ideas will be appreciated. I don't have any other cleaning issues....
Bought a 2 foot length of 3/4" copper tubing recently and when I get around to it, plan on hammering or crushing part of it in order to make a vacuum cleaner crevice tool that will fit the gaps on the side of the seats. Aluminum tubing might be better but I couldn't find any readily available. A rubber stopper fitted to the vacuum cleaner hose, with a hole in it, will accommodate the tubing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts