Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was over at the Acura CL forum and noticed that they had a listing that mentioned that the new Navi DVD's were due to be shipped on Nov. 17 for the Acura's. The website was www.acuranavi.com and they were taking orders for them.

So, I decided to try www.hondanavi.com and it worked. They were taking orders for the new Navi DVD's for the Pilot and Odyssey and to be shipped on Nov 17 also.

The listed price was $185.00 plus $12.00 for shipping and handling.

They didn't list what changes or improvements were made, which would have been nice.

·
Registered
507 Posts
:D Interesting :D

My build date is the 17th. I wonder if that means I will be getting the updated disc?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, but they didn't have any 2004 Pilots listed at that website. Not sure why, maybe they already have the new DVD and they were just waiting for an adequate supply before advertising them for the older models.

I do not own a Pilot yet, but hopefully will within a few weeks. I hope it comes with the newer DVD also. Would hate to have to spend $185 for it.

I currently drive a Acura 3.2TL w/ Navi and I love it. I just need a larger vehicle for my family and for my work stuff. Would love to get a MDX, but just feel that the extra $8k-10k just isn't worth if, for what you can get in a Pilot.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Interesting, but they didn't have any 2004 Pilots listed at that website. Not sure why, ...
From www.hondanavi.com website ...

Year 2003
Model Pilot
Honda Navi DVD ver 2.11b $185
The 2004 NAV Software version in my Sage Brush Pearl Pilot (10/03) = Ver.02.11.02

It seems that the 2004 NAV owners have the latest version, and Honda will add the "2004" option @ their www.hondanavi.com website next year.

Phil

·
Registered
8 Posts
Info on new DVD update (ver 2.11B?)

I called Honda's customer support and learned that the new DVD update for the NAV system (ver. 2.11b) will be available the week of 11/17/03. I heard earlier that this will include 90%+ of the nation's streets plus a software update. I looked at the map linked from www.handanavi.com, but don't see any old or "updated/expanded" areas listed near my home in northwest Georgia. Most of the expanded areas are around the Atlanta metro area. Does anyone know any details about the update? Are they really going to list all the nation's roads to bring the database up to par with the rest of Alpine's NAV systems and Toyota's NAV system? Our 2002 Toyota Prius has about 98% of the streets in the United states; far, far more than the DVD we got with the Pilot that we purchased in April of this year (we haven’t updated the Prius NAV system since we bought the car two years ago.)

If you're looking to pre-order it the updated DVD, you can do so by calling 1-888-291-4675 or going to www.hondanavi.com. $185.00 + tax & shipping.

-FGP

*** EDITED BY KEMOSABE ***

Thread has been merged...

·
Registered
3 Posts
New Nav DVD available for preorder

The promised navigation DVD update is available for preorder with shipping promised beginning Monday, 11/17 from Alpine.

Orders can be placed at the original number (888-291-4675) or through a new web site (www.hondanavi.com) (also Alpine).

*** EDITED BY KEMOSABE ***

Thread has been merged...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ordered one

Ordered mine today. Many of us have been waiting for this. I want to know that we will be able to keep the Pilot's nav system up to date over time so it will be important to me to check this out to see if more roads are covered, little glitches are fixed, and that points-of-interest are updated.

·
Registered
263 Posts
DVDs are in!

I just spoke with someone at Alpine, who said the new DVDs arrived about 10 min ago. I asked how many they received, and the answer was "Lots".

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nav?

I havn't figured this out and if someone knows the answer, I would be grateful.

When I am traveling in an unfamiliar area (say visiting my daughter in another state), and I need to get gas, is there a way I can look up gas stations that would be closest to where I presently am?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Re: Nav?

klc1923 said:
I havn't figured this out and if someone knows the answer, I would be grateful.

When I am traveling in an unfamiliar area (say visiting my daughter in another state), and I need to get gas, is there a way I can look up gas stations that would be closest to where I presently am?
Hey, you should check out the menu - I mean play with the buttons a bit. You'll find that you can go through the places selection and select what you want to find -- the nearest gas station, hotel, restaurants by type, etc. The NAV will tell you the closest one and take you there. You can also select the gas stations to show on the map on the nav screen. The new DVD you have in the 04 should have relatively current info --- I hope.

·
Registered
288 Posts
johnh123 said:
So it will have the gas station info and show you how to get there even if you are not in one of the 'detailed' areas?
The gas station listing is what I would call part of the "detailed" areas. Although if there is a gas station on a major road and both that gas station and the road are in the DVD database it will be shown on your screen. In my travels I have never seen a gas station listed without the road data, it is possible but I do not think they would set up the POI database that way, logic would tell you that the road data is populated first and then the POIs is added after that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
IT SHIPPED

Got confirmation email and trackinging number, my DVD is on the way. They ship out of Vernon CA. UPS says mine will reach Phila area on Tuesday.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Navi Update

Hello All,

The UPS guy just drove off and I have V2.11B in hand. As soon as my wife gets home, I'll install it and report any interesting finds.

Anyone have the update installed and have anything interesting to share about it?

rtrypilot

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Installed mine last night. I tried a few areas that I go to that are now in the system, and Stokton, CA was one. I do not think that the list on one of the post above is correct. Seems that I have access to more cities then what is on the site.

I am not sure if it is me, but I think the software update made the system seem more responsive.

Chris

·
Registered
59 Posts
Navi Update

Thanks for the response.

I installed ours but haven't left the house yet. Hopefully ours will show an increase in response too :)

Take care,

rtrypilot

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Can someone check for me if the new DVD shows the 210 freeway extension to the 15 freeway in Southern California. Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anybody know why the hondanavi website doesn't offer a "live" preview of the maps that are on the updated disk? I, for one, would feel more comfortable seeing the differences before forking over that kind of cash.

BTW, the hondanavi website has been updated to include more info about this new version. It looks like they've made substantial improvements, but as always, seeing is believing...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Navi Update

They changed the voice on the new version to a "mature" female's voice... thank goodness, now we can turn the voice back on!

1 - 20 of 99 Posts