Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The production version of the FX45 made it's debut at the NAIAS auto show and it's a real beast! 300hp AWD V8, 20 inch wheels standard. All the standard SUV bells and whistles + a bunch of option stuff like 11 speaker (it has TWO sub woofers) in dash 6 disc BOSE CD changer, Navigation, DVD (which you can get w/ the Nav) laser cruise control, keyless entry and more.

Anyone want to buy my Pilot AND loan me 20k?? :2: :2:

http://www.infiniti.com/ms/future/fx45a/fx45a_flash_frameset.html
http://www.freshalloy.com/site/cars/infiniti/2003/fx45/debut/home.shtml

·
Registered
226 Posts
Nice car indeed. Problem is, even if you go with the V6 instead of the V8, it's going to cost you $10K+ to own one over your Pilot.

Also, this really isn't a fair comparison. I'd compare the FX45 to probably the new Porsche hybrid, BMW X5, Volvo' new truck and VW's hybrid stationwagon truck. Same price range pretty much and they are all more cars than SUV.

Rear seat room is pretty much non-existent as well.

With that said.....uhm, anyone want to lend me $20k as well?

*cheers*
;)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
brooklynpilot said:
Nice car indeed. Problem is, even if you go with the V6 instead of the V8, it's going to cost you $10K+ to own one over your Pilot.

Also, this really isn't a fair comparison. I'd compare the FX45 to probably the new Porsche hybrid, BMW X5, Volvo' new truck and VW's hybrid stationwagon truck. Same price range pretty much and they are all more cars than SUV.

Rear seat room is pretty much non-existent as well.

With that said.....uhm, anyone want to lend me $20k as well?

*cheers*
;)
All good points. But may be it's just me, but I just don't like the Murano nor the FX45. Too Gremlin like.

·
Registered
226 Posts
brooklynpilot said:
LOL.....I don't like them as well.

:2:
Well, you can't judge a book by it's cover. My friend just got his V8 FX45 in silver, today.

Great looking car. Tires are huge at 20". $50K out the door, so not a real comparison to the Pilot :) It's really in a class by itself. Hybrid.

A nice chunk of change to shell out, but definitely the way to go if you want something better than that BMW X5 and the new VW truck.

*cheers*

·
Registered
46 Posts
RipRocK said:

All good points. But may be it's just me, but I just don't like the Murano nor the FX45. Too Gremlin like.
Yeah, same here. :rolleyes:. The FX is slightly better though.:1:
:16:

·
Registered
409 Posts
As always, I look forward to seeing it on the street. I am not a big fan of Infinity styling but this one looks like they may have thought it through a bit more.

I love car and truck design..was a auto mag photographer for a while and think may cars are works of art. Love the BMW SUV but not the Chevy TrailBlazer.
I think the Pilot is a beautiful design...plus can't justify the extra bucks for the Infinity...he he

Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts