Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and planning on buying a new (to me) Pilot in the next couple of weeks. I have my feelers out for a second gen facelift - touring and I have it narrowed down to 2 available vehicles in my area. Looking to gain knowledge from everyone's experience here and possibly contribute to the forums a bit.

Registered
We wait in eager anticipation of the moment it's announced.
馃槻

Registered
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and planning on buying a new (to me) Pilot in the next couple of weeks. I have my feelers out for a second gen facelift - touring and I have it narrowed down to 2 available vehicles in my area. Looking to gain knowledge from everyone's experience here and possibly contribute to the forums a bit.
Just to throw it out there now:

1. Look into a VCM disabler right away. Plenty of forums about it so you can learn, but highly recommended.
  2. All 2nd gens are now 7 years old or older. If the timing belt hasn't been done, it should be based on years. Could be a bargaining tool.

Registered
What cintocrunch said. Both very important points. Neither are huge deals to do / get done... but are absolutely critical if you want reliable long term service from the car.

Registered
Banned from wife鈥檚 2005 Pilot LX
Welcome to the forum. Let us know when you purchase your Pilot. And photos are a must.

Registered
1 - 7 of 7 Posts