Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas we just bought a 19 EXL with the 6 speed transmission. Does any one have the pids for the fushion app or are the pids the same no matter which app you use? I use a kiwi 3 OBD adapter. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Hey fellas we just bought a 19 EXL with the 6 speed transmission. Does any one have the pids for the fushion app or are the pids the same no matter which app you use? I use a kiwi 3 OBD adapter. Thanks.
I believe they are the same as other obd2 based apps, which Kiwi 3 is a well.

If you want to monitor the trans temp are you planning to tow as well as install a trans cooler as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe they are the same as other obd2 based apps, which Kiwi 3 is a well.

If you want to monitor the trans temp are you planning to tow as well as install a trans cooler as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well not really it would come in handy when it comes time to service the transmission since it has to be within a certain temp range.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I thought the 6 speed transmission didn't require the more involved method of transmission fluid that the 9 speed one does. I think the 6 speed is strictly a drain and fill with no temperature monitoring involved. I think you even have a dipstick whereas my 9 speed doesn't, hence the temperature needing to be within a certain range to check the proper level.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought the 6 speed transmission didn't require the more involved method of transmission fluid that the 9 speed one does. I think the 6 speed is strictly a drain and fill with no temperature monitoring involved. I think you even have a dipstick whereas my 9 speed doesn't, hence the temperature needing to be within a certain range to check the proper level.
Man I guess I need to look under the hood, lol. Our 08 CRV was that way.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Man I guess I need to look under the hood, lol. Our 08 CRV was that way.
Not that it has to be done too often, but the "special" transmission fluid for the 9 speed transmission is around $33.00-$50.00 per QUART depending where you buy it from and if shipping is needed or not. Your 6 speed still uses the DW-1 fluid I believe which is very reasonable to purchase price wise. Here is a link from the forum for the 6 speed transmission fluid exchange procedure.

6 Speed Transmission Fluid Change

Reactions: Aviator6

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not that it has to be done too often, but the "special" transmission fluid for the 9 speed transmission is around $33.00-$50.00 per QUART depending where you buy it from and if shipping is needed or not. Your 6 speed still uses the DW-1 fluid I believe which is very reasonable to purchase price wise. Here is a link from the forum for the 6 speed transmission fluid exchange procedure.

6 Speed Transmission Fluid Change
Thank you sir.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The ScanGauge II can monitor transmission temperature and VCM status.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts