Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. 2008 Honda Pilot SE AWD, 197,000 miles. Recently the plastic cover for the power drivers seat broke so I got a replacement. The switch still seemed to work But then just stopped all together. I checked the fuses in the passengers foot well area and two were blown for the power seat. New cover arrives so I replace the two blown fuses and the cover. It all works so I assume the problem is fixed. Fast forward a week and I notice that all the power seat functions worked except the slide. I checked the fuses by The front passengers feet well and the slide one was blown. I had a spare fuse and the second I put it into the slot for the power seat slide, it sparks and blows. Now, I not only have no slide ability on the seat, but none of the power window switches work on the drivers door. The side mirror controls still work. Rather than just keep trying new fuses, I need to find out why it’s doing this to begin with.

The only thing I can think of is that there is a short with the power seat switch. It did get slightly bent at the connection when I was waiting for the new plastic panel cover, but since it all worked initially, I wasn’t sure.

I obviously have a problem, but I don’t know what. your assistance is greatly appreciated,

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,035 Posts
Good news here is that the fault is in the circuits that failed.
bad news is finding the fault. It’s a laborious step by step process..

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,820 Posts
Go back and look at all of the wire connections that you touched. Check for loose wires, bent pins, etc. Be methodical in your debugging. Write down what you have tried so you don’t second guess yourself. Double check what you think you’ve already looked over.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go back and look at all of the wire connections that you touched. Check for loose wires, bent pins, etc. Be methodical in your debugging. Write down what you have tried so you don’t second guess yourself. Double check what you think you’ve already looked over.
I did notice one of the copper connections on the switch circuit board itself was slightly bent.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
I did notice one of the copper connections on the switch circuit board itself was slightly bent.
Take a photo and post it on here if you can. Or if you can’t get a photo, make sure whatever that pin is supposed to mate with makes good contact. Bend it gently if necessary. Also make sure the bent pin isn’t shorting against an adjacent pin,

Reactions: Rykertest

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Take a photo and post it on here if you can. Or if you can’t get a photo, make sure whatever that pin is supposed to mate with makes good contact. Bend it gently if necessary. Also make sure the bent pin isn’t shorting against an adjacent pin,
Will do. How would the window switches in the drivers door be affected by this?

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Will do. How would the window switches in the drivers door be affected by this?
If the window switch control unit is on the same circuit as the seat motor, then the fuse blowing would cause both to not function. I’m not saying this is what is happening on your Pilot but it’s one possible scenario I can think of.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
314 Posts
Upon comparing the above to the schematic for the Power Windows, the only commonality I see is Fuse No 41 (120A) in the Under-Hood Fuse/Relay Box, but if that were the case, would take out the power mirrors as well. So it looks like the two cases/systems might be separate from each other.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Based on what cloudasc mentioned it appears you have two independent issues. If the 120 amp main fuse were to blow there are a lot of systems on your Pilot which would not be working.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts