Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help, have a 2012 LX parking lights and license plate lights not working. Changed blown fuse 15 (small lights) verified all other fuses are good. when turning lights to the on position I hear the relay click for parking lights only and headlights (position 1 and 2).

Brake lights, turn signals and hazards are all working. When Checking for voltage across the fuses fuse 19 (Small Lights Main) has 0 volts with the engine running and the light switch on.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Need help, have a 2012 LX parking lights and license plate lights not working. Changed blown fuse 15 (small lights) verified all other fuses are good. when turning lights to the on position I hear the relay click for parking lights only and headlights (position 1 and 2).

Brake lights, turn signals and hazards are all working. When Checking for voltage across the fuses fuse 19 (Small Lights Main) has 0 volts with the engine running and the light switch on.
Check to make sure your parking brake isn't engaged or not all the way up/off. Also check the switch.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Look at the following fuses:

-- Fuse 4 (50A) in the main under hood fuse relay box.
-- Fuse 19 (15A) in the Under-dash fuse relay box.
-- Fuse 15 (10A) in the Under-dash fuse relay box.

Primary protection is via Fuse 4, protecting the parking/marker/etc lights you report, plus the DRL and main (high) beams via under-dash fuse 18 (20A), plus the dipped (low) beam headlights circuit via under-dash fuse 21 (20A). If your headlights aren't working either (beyond markers/tail lights/ license plate lights you report as not working), Fuse 4 in the main under hood fuse relay panel.

Two interior fuses are in series, with fuse 19 protecting the circuit that includes the power relay function in the MICU unit (relay not separately replaceable...), and fuse 15 downstream protecting the wiring from MICU to parking lights, marker lights, license plate lights, plus the trailer lighting relay in cars with factory towing wiring.

It's rare to blow both 15 and 19 together, but it's certainly possible.

It's hard but not impossible to blow main fuse 4, as each of the three feeders connected to it has its own fuse(s) for protection. Main box Fuse 4 functionally protects the GREEN wire to the MICU and underdash fuse relay panel. If fuse 4 has blown, inspect wiring to find out why before plugging another 50A fuse in there. Trace/test with a 5A or maybe 10A fuse there, and make sure it holds with no lights on before placing the 50A replacement fuse in the holder.

The MICU itself is a smart module, integrated with the fuse relay panel under the dash. It's $$$ to replace, so use your best efforts to protect it from stupid stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

These two fuse are in series, with fuse 19 protecting the circuit that includes the power relay function in the MICU unit (relay not separately replaceable...), and fuse 15 downstream protecting the wiring from MICU to parking lights, marker lights, license plate lights, plus the trailer lighting relay in cars with factory towing wiring.

These two fuse are in series, with fuse 19 protecting the circuit that includes the power relay function in the MICU unit (relay not separately replaceable...), and fuse 15 downstream protecting the wiring from MICU to parking lights, marker lights, license plate lights, plus the trailer lighting relay in cars with factory towing wiring.

I resolved it about an hour ago. had a burnt out tail light replaced at a quick oil change franchise a few months ago. apparently they didn't reseat the rubber grommet after pulling the tail light assembly. One of the wires was rubbed bare and it blew fuse 15 immediately after I replaced it. I didn't think to check fuse 15 again, but after checking the switch I decided to check voltage across all fuses (engine compartment, under dash and rear) again and to my surprise 15 was blown again. I then went to check voltage at the bulb when I saw the bare wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.