Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dealership yesterday where I bought my Pilot. I had to return the new tag they sent me since I didn't need it because all they should have done was transfer my registration (that's a totally different story). So I park in the very front and leave my girlfriend in the Pilot. When I get back she told me what had just happened a few minutes ago while I was gone.

I guess someone was looking at buying a Pilot and saw mine. He walked up the the rear driver's side door and opened the door. My girlfriend just thought it was me and didn't even look until he said "I'm so sorry". She looks at him like :8: "What are you doing" and he said that he had never seen one like this (meaning all the accessories of the vehicle). He was very embarrassed, :27: but then just asked how she liked it and went on his way. I looked around the lot and all the Pilot's there were stock. I guess it wouldn't hurt for the dealership to deck one out for customers that want to know what it looks like.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Oh that's funny, FLP!
The guy's lucky she didn't :bonk: him one! :p

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Did he at least make you a good offer?:12:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same here.....

While at the dealer to pick up the new plates, I parked right in front and went inside, without locking the doors. I came out to find a saleslady and her prospective customer rummaging through my Pilot. Man, were they embarrased when I asked them what they were doing inside my Pilot.

Phil Reedy

·
Registered
166 Posts
When I first got my Rav 4 (2 door version) I had people I didn't even know looking at it or wanting rides. The best was when two attractive college girls walked up and hopped in and asked if I'd give them a test drive.

At that time, I had first Rav 4 sold in Austin and had gotten a blue, 2 door with lots of options. It looked cool and everyone thought it was kind of sexy looking.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Several years ago at an interstate rest stop I was walking back to the parking area and saw a man get in the drivers side of MY car. Car was running, wife was in the front passenger seat, kids were with me. She was digging through her purse, thought it was me and didn't even look up.

Anyway, I was beginning to pull my weapon (yes I have a permit) and was breaking into a run for the car. What the ^&*%, carjacking? robbery? I had no idea.
All of a sudden the man jumps out looking very embarassed. Two spaces down was his car, identical to mine! Whew! We all had a good laugh, good thing he figured it out before I got to him or it might have been ugly.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I'm glad that at least some of you got to experience what happened to me too. Hey gksmith, so did you take the nice young ladies out for a ride;)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
AlH said:
Several years ago at an interstate rest stop I was walking back to the parking area and saw a man get in the drivers side of MY car. Car was running, wife was in the front passenger seat, kids were with me. She was digging through her purse, thought it was me and didn't even look up.

Anyway, I was beginning to pull my weapon (yes I have a permit) and was breaking into a run for the car. What the ^&*%, carjacking? robbery? I had no idea.
All of a sudden the man jumps out looking very embarassed. Two spaces down was his car, identical to mine! Whew! We all had a good laugh, good thing he figured it out before I got to him or it might have been ugly.
Wow! That was freaky! I've gone so far as to walk-up to another vehicle like mine (not the Pilot) but never actually got in!!
:eek:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sage said:

Wow! That was freaky! I've gone so far as to walk-up to another vehicle like mine (not the Pilot) but never actually got in!!
:eek:

I did something similar. I had gotten a Dodge Shadow and had only had it a week or so. I was at the mall with friend and we both walked back to the car, I unlocked it (or thought I did), and started putting bags into the back seat when I noticed all sort of stuff that didn't look familar.

I then looked around and 1 aisle over was my car - same color, model etc... I can only assume that they didn't lock their car door - either that or I found another car in the same town with the same keys.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
gksmith said:

. . .or I found another car in the same town with the same keys.
My mother drove the wrong Honda Accord home from the store.
Same color, same year, same key.

She realized when her shopping bags were not in the trunk.

Thank god we have the immobilizer now.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
N_Jay said:

My mother drove the wrong Honda Accord home from the store.
Same color, same year, same key.

She realized when her shopping bags were not in the trunk.

Thank god we have the immobilizer now.
The same KEY!!! Now there's a coincidence for ya!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
gksmith said:

I did something similar. I had gotten a Dodge Shadow and had only had it a week or so. I was at the mall with friend and we both walked back to the car, I unlocked it (or thought I did), and started putting bags into the back seat when I noticed all sort of stuff that didn't look familar.

I then looked around and 1 aisle over was my car - same color, model etc... I can only assume that they didn't lock their car door - either that or I found another car in the same town with the same keys.
OMG! How embarrassing... Didn't you wanna just RUN to your own car? Too funny!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
wow all this sounds like a robbers paradise....so much for gone in 60 seconds...this is like gone in a second:confused: :confused: :3:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
ramirami said:
wow all this sounds like a robbers paradise....so much for gone in 60 seconds...this is like gone in a second:confused: :confused: :3:
No worries since the immobilizer :2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts