Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just discovered that the intermittent front wiper changes to a steady slow wiping speed when you set the shortest delay and the vehicle is moving above about 10MPH or so.

When I stop, the wipers go back to an intermittent mode with about a 2 second pause between sweeps. Slower intermittent wiper settings reamin intermittent even when vehickle is moving. Slick.

This makes sense since, at a stop, less rain is "intercepted" as one is not moving forward. The speed sensitive wiping program reminds me of the automatic audio control volume on my 91 ZR-1....except of course the Pilot goes faster : )

·
Registered
465 Posts
This is the first vehicle I've owned with this feature, and I'm with you, I really like it. I always had to change the speed of the wipers at a stop light before. It's a neat little feature!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Works great! Have the same feature in my 99 Accord. What is wierd, in the Accord twist turns the wipers on. In the Pilot, twist turns the back wipers on.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I hadn't even noticed that one yet. Guess I'll actually be looking forward to the next time it rains.

autobahn, I'm used to "twist" turning on the wipers too. Then again this is the first vehicle I've ever owned w/ a back wiper. I've also cleaned the windshield a few times by grabbing the wiper arm instead of the gear shift. That took a little getting used to. :p

·
Registered
204 Posts
Rainbowslim said:
I hadn't even noticed that one yet. Guess I'll actually be looking forward to the next time it rains.:p
WOW!
I hadn't noticed it either, but that's why one should get onto honda-pilot.org, you never know what you're going to learn at each visit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wipers

Also, when they are on intermitent, when you release the brake from a stop, they will automatically wipe also :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts