• Full Synthetic Valvoline MaxLife ATF

• DW-1

• Something Else

121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Supposedly, it's a brand new product offering available "exclusively" at Advance Auto/Carquest.
Ya, I checked the Fram website, clicked on transmission fluid and it sent me to advanced. You'd think they would have a spec sheet somewhere instead of just telling me it's ok for my Honda.

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
Ya, I checked the Fram website, clicked on transmission fluid and it sent me to advanced. You'd think they would have a spec sheet somewhere instead of just telling me it's ok for my Honda.
If only we could see what it says on the back of the bottle.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,733 Posts

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
yeah, Fram just started "making" their own fluids, don't think so.
Fram only operates because First Brands Group allows them to operate
I think it be safe to say that's rebottled with Frams name on it.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Fits 99% of vehicles... that's a little scary for longevity.
I have to agree. Just seems it's covering to many bases. I will say that the higher viscosity over most multi-vehicle ATFs may be attractive for an early model Pilot with low ATF pressure or possibly even a 6-speed 3rd gen that may be shifting a little firmer than someone likes.
No, I'd never leave VML on my 2012 5-speed Honda Crosstour. Never

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
hmm, says it qualifies as a lifetime fluid, this could be the end of my transmission fluid draining and filling ! haha
Instead of every 10k ATF changes on a 6-speed, I guess I might could go 20. /smirk

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Maybe that Project farm guy will have something to say about this new wonder oil.
That would be nice, to learn a little more about this product.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,733 Posts
Maybe that Project farm guy will have something to say about this new wonder oil.
Write him a letter. :) He says he gets his ideas from viewers like you.

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Break out the fine stationery and the gilt fountain pen.
Gifting him a bottle of this multi-vehicle near universal ATF might do the trick
I've already tried other ATFs in my 6-speed. It's full of Amalie Universal Synthetic at the moment. So not feeling much guilt. Just don't see how any of the protection tests done by Project Farm will help us. We need someone to order 3 jugs and do 3 D&Fs. Who volunteers?

121 - 140 of 157 Posts