Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a full size spare tire w/alloy fit where the donut is currently held? Also, does it add a substantial amount of weight?

I'm assuming it will be a snug fit where I wont hear it bouncing around underneath.

Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
yes the full size wheel fits ok. the front of the tire kinda rests on the cross member in front of where the donut is in stalled . although the front of the full size is lower than where the donut was it is still higher then the structure of the car and is protected. it is snug and does not bounce at all. id send a pic but cant hook my camera to my computer at this time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It should fit just fine!

According to the Pilot owner's manual, when you use your spare tire you should place the flat tire under the vehicle, in place of the spare. This leads me to believe that Honda has designed the spare storage are to accomodate a full-size tire.

IMO, the donut spare is another minor area Honda "cut corners" to keep the price of the car reasonable.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: It should fit just fine!

KyleD17 said:
... IMO, the donut spare is another minor area Honda "cut corners" to keep the price of the car reasonable.
Maybe maybe not.
I am guessing that it is almost as expensive as full size spare due to the production quantity differences.

I am betting it is a weight issue, and maybe a style issue with the thin spare not showing at all.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. It looks like it fits and it neatly hides the full sized spare away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts