Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what their Long term fuel trims for bank 1 and bank 2 were before they had the fuel injectors replaced?

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
868 Posts
Here are some scans I took last week on the old injectors. I am getting the Bank2 P0430 intermittently so bank 2 is running rich judging by the high negative fuel trim. Car has almost 60k miles and is running great with the exception of the DTC.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, seems yours is on bank 2 where mine is on bank 1. Do you remember what the Long term fuel trims were?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Interesting, seems yours is on bank 2 where mine is on bank 1. Do you remember what the Long term fuel trims were?
Long terms were around -5 on bank1 and -15 on bank2. Are you getting the P0420 code on bank1?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Long terms were around -5 on bank1 and -15 on bank2. Are you getting the P0420 code on bank1?
Have not had any codes "Yet", but I just did a random scan and noticed the high fuel trims. The highest mine went was on bank 1 and it maxed out at -17. I noticed on your scans the short term fuel trim range went to -21. I think the code is set when it see's a -20, not sure but nice to know it's covered under the extension on the factory warranty under the TSB.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I am pretty sure that the p0420 and p0430 codes are set by the secondary O2 sensors which are after the cats. You can see on my scans that the Bank2 sensor2 voltage is pretty erratic indicating that something is out of whack. Fuel trims are controlled by the pre cat O2 sensors (A/F sensors) and you get the P219A/B codes when that gets out of range. The faulty injectors always seem to cause an over rich fuel mix resulting in the high negative trims. It is interesting that my fuel mileage hasn't changed either and the sparkplugs looked good when I checked them last week.

·
Registered
740 Posts
10-12% +/- trims are common and nothing to worry about. Clogged injectors cause a rich condition (- trims), because the spray pattern is disrupted. Liquid gasoline doesn't burn, the bad pattern causes reduced atomization, less fuel burnt, and drives the a/f sensor rich.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts