Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new here to the forums. I have a 2004 pilot. Walked out yesterday to the smell of gas and an empty fuel tank. Looked under the car and saw this hole in the fuel tank. Need to know if someone drilled it and stole my gas or if this is a drain hole and the plug fell out. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,291 Posts
I'm not sure how anyone here is supposed to know what happened to your fuel tank and why there's a hole in it. Maybe it rusted through? Can't really surmise as to what happened without pics. Anyhoo, welcome to the forums.

·
Administrator
15,524 Posts
Plastic tank I assume. Just never bothered to look a it. There is fuel tank repair systems at auto parts stores.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry... thought I attached pictures on my phone but they didn't upload. Here they are. I don't think it could be rust since the tank is plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,958 Posts
That sucks. I can’t believe what some people will do.

The plastic fuel tank might also have an internal bladder. I’m not sure how you would go about patching that up. I wish you the best getting this repaired.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
How the heck do you protect that crap? .. that's a $1500 tank from the dealership

·
Registered
31 Posts
That appears to be too perfect a hole to not be drilled. I've never heard of a drain plug being part of a gas tank -- and whether I'm designing a gas tank or stealing gas, I'd put the hole a lot lower, toward the ground, so I'd get a lot more gas out of the tank. That seems to be a weird place for a hole either way.... Bud news either way. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts