Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,308 Posts
Musta let some bad fuel pumps through at the factory.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Impeller problems within the fuel pump. On the Pilots only the 2019 involved. Recall has not started yet. Honda is still waiting on replacement parts.

·
Registered
2019 EX AWD
71 Posts
Here are the details. This is 6-TH RECALL for my Pilot in 2 years. Wonder how many more are coming.

NHTSA RECALL NUMBER:21V-215
MFR CAMPAIGN ID:AAR
CAMPAIGN DESCRIPTION:Honda Fuel Pump Motor Safety Recall Expansion Stop Sale
RECALL DATE:03/25/2021
RECALL STATUS:Recall INCOMPLETE. Remedy not yet available.
SUMMARY:
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (Honda) is recalling certain 2019 - 2020 model year Accord 1.5T, Civic Hatchback, 2019 model year Accord Hybrid, Civic Coupe, Civic Sedan, Civic Type R, Fit, HR-V, Odyssey, Passport, Pilot, Ridgeline, and 2018 - 2019 model year CR-V vehicles that may be equipped with a fuel pump module manufactured with low density impellers. Over time, low density impellers may excessively absorb fuel and deform. Impeller deformation may cause the fuel pump to become inoperative.
SAFETY RISK:
Fuel pump inoperability could prevent an engine from starting or stall an engine while driving, increasing the risk of a crash.
REMEDY:
Remedy parts necessary to repair your vehicle are currently not available. Once remedy parts are available, Honda will notify owners and dealers will replace the fuel pump assembly for free. For additional questions or to get help locating a dealer, owners may contact American Honda Customer Support and Campaign Center at 1-888-234-2138.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Here is the TSB on the recall.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
WOW that is a massive amount of cars and a costly job to replace on each of them! Somebody who makes fuel pumps is going to be bankrupt! Wonder what company makes them....hope they are large and diversified because this is going to cost a fortune!

·
Registered
525 Posts
WOW that is a massive amount of cars and a costly job to replace on each of them! Somebody who makes fuel pumps is going to be bankrupt! Wonder what company makes them....hope they are large and diversified because this is going to cost a fortune!
Denso is the manufacture. Effects several brands: Ford, Honda, Mazda, Subaru, Toyota and Mitsubishi.

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,308 Posts
Denso is the manufacture. Effects several brands: Ford, Honda, Mazda, Subaru, Toyota and Mitsubishi.

Not everything Denso = quality.
Hopefully their O2 sensors don't start to fail.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got my 2019 fuel pump replaced Monday and my car died when I ran to the bank today...Wouldn’t run after getting it started, like it was staved for fuel, called Honda roadside for a tow. What pisses me off is I wasn’t having any issues prior, so I went and had it done and my Pilot has now been at the dealership 3 days this week. Should I request the spark plugs also be changed with my experience today?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Got my 2019 fuel pump replaced Monday and my car died when I ran to the bank today...Wouldn’t run after getting it started, like it was staved for fuel, called Honda roadside for a tow. What pisses me off is I wasn’t having any issues prior, so I went and had it done and my Pilot has now been at the dealership 3 days this week. Should I request the spark plugs also be changed with my experience today?
Had you received a notice to bring the car in, or did you just check with the service department to have it done? I have a 2019 built in August of 2018 but haven't received any notice yet about the fuel pump. I'm not sure if all 2019's will need them replaced, or only certain build date time frames.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts