Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a couple injectors leaking they offer a rebuild kit O rings etc for them .. So whats the best way to get rid of the fuel pressure and would it be worth to clean out the old injectors and rebuild them?

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
The way I've always been told was to pull the fuel pump fuse and start the vehicle until it dies... crank the starter for another 10 seconds or so after it dies and good to go...

How much are new injectors? How hard are they to get to? Do you have a spare vehicle so you aren't pressed to do things as quick as possible? I generally lean towards replacing parts rather than rebuilding them, but I haven't had any major cost items yet.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The way I've always been told was to pull the fuel pump fuse and start the vehicle until it dies... crank the starter for another 10 seconds or so after it dies and good to go...

How much are new injectors? How hard are they to get to? Do you have a spare vehicle so you aren't pressed to do things as quick as possible? I generally lean towards replacing parts rather than rebuilding them, but I haven't had any major cost items yet.
I would rather try to keep with oem as much as possible i always find that aftermarket parts with Honda is crap sometimes .. code was produced .. looked at the injectors O rings are in bad shape so i was able to purchase the rebuild kit from rockauto $6 and shipping..

not hard to do at all just used to GM stuff where they actually have the shroud er valve ...noticed with Honda they don't, i was looking at prices they range 60 ish each new refurbished you can get ones much cheaper (Aftermarket)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts