Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owned a touring 2016 pilot. I started have all the same problems at about 75k highway miles. I owned a 2013 pilot that I had driven til it had 150k with no issues. So I traded the 2016 for a 2017. Now at 52k. I am sitting right back at the dealership with fuel injector issues. This is my 7th Honda. I don’t know what happened but pilot has went down significantly. I am on board for a class action suit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I own (what a mistake!!!!) a 2017 Pilot EX-L with Sensi (38.5 K on the ODO) that has been a nightmare. The tranny (6-sp) was replaced this past October (under warranty), as were several other parts from the front axle (due to a thumping sound that just won’t go away - some on this forum have commented that the sound resembles two parts that are poorly weld together and rubbing one against the other). There’s a different kind of noise in the steering wheel, too...

The technician at the local dealer in north-central FL has attempted to correct the many, many issues with the vehicle, but the problems proved to be very resilient. In all honesty, I have given up on this vehicle... Will never buy a Honda/Acura lemon again (I’ve owned a 2007 CR-V EX-L before - good engine, mediocre tranny).

Anyway, I am fuming that the vehicle drives very, very, very poorly - I think it’s either the fuel system (bad/clogged injectors, perhaps faulty fuel pump), the tranny (unresponsive when hitting the gas pedal, sudden acceleration, slipping gears - absolutely nothing happens when accelerating, the speed increases maybe 1-2 miles, despite the RPM going over 3,000), or a combination.

I have taken care of this vehicle very diligently (0W-20 full synthetic every 5-7,000 miles, 15400 PCX-004 oil filter, OEM engine and cabin filters etc etc etc etc)... I normally add PEA-based fuel system cleaner (Gumout complete or Techron) every 500-1,000 miles.

This vehicle is a nerve-causing dud... I very much regret purchasing it. Now, I fear that a second transmission (refurbished, when it was installed) is junk (Did I tell you about the squealing sounds it makes?)

Folks, I am all for a class-law action. Honda must address the major problems with their vehicles, they should be held responsible.

·
Banned
70 Posts
Hi Mods, I didn't know where to ask this so I'm putting it right here. Is there anyway we can filter out trolls/spammers? Maybe limit ip addresses from registering multiple user names or verifying people are in fact owners of Honda Pilots? I've seen an increase lately in a number odd posts. This is a perfect example - both the original poster and first poster to reply coincidentally both registered on the site 24 hours ago with no other feedback. I'm not saying hes not having car issues but posts like this just seem "off" to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts