Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I was told I needed fuel injectors after I did an initial software update. Thankfully I had an extended warranty however even that didn't cover all the parts (which is $350 worth rubbish but another story) but it doesn't seem right that my not even three year old vehicle with less than 40k miles on it needs this part. The dealer is telling me they see this all the time and that Honda is just whistling and ignoring the issue. Any suggestions on getting them to pay for this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
On my vehicle they saw a misfire on the computer and replaced our injectors under warranty or bulletin. Of course I was trying to get my transmission software updated. It didnt fix my orignal issue and they changed my transmission fluid.

2016 exl

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
With the J35Y6 and the direct injection; Honda will replace/sell injectors as a 6-pack kit. A lot of the issues came and stem from the early production run of the vehicle units receiving faulty high pressure fuel pumps. So when a repair is deemed necessary, all the injectors will be replaced. This was an issue with the 2017 Honda Ridgelines and some 2018 Honda Odyssey and I do not see anything open for a 2017 Pilot.

Any reason why they determined the injectors are needed? Also, how did they arrive at such a test that deemed injector replacement?

BTW, Honda is NOT ignoring the issue, they are actually addressing it by replacing it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We had our fuel injectors replaced this week, courtesy of Honda dealer under emissions warranty. We have 75,000 miles on 2016 Pilot. Emissions warranty apparently goes to 80,000 miles. This is covered under SB 18-025. There are many forums on this issue on this site.

What’s weird with ours is we also had the code DTC U128D (under dash fuse box). I could find NOTHING on this issue on Piloteers.org. This cost $1,000.

Anyone have any info on that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
They were replaced on my 2016 Pilot touring after they had gone to Honda to figure out what was the problem and they replaced all the injectors. did not have to pay for anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts