Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very depressed knowing Honda pilot proformance remain that low standard.
I'm owning this beauty since December 2015 Until now facing chalenges one after another Starter with PO430 replaced, fuel Injector replaced, Idle control switch replaced, recently keyless switch system replaced, and list goes on and on, the only thing I didn't replace that was the great 2016 Honda Pilot.

Fuel injectors….Big problem with the 2016 Pilot….Honda knows about it and is not taking care of the customer. This will be our family's last Honda.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
I'm owning this beauty since December 2015 Until now facing chalenges one after another Starter with PO430 replaced, fuel Injector replaced, Idle control switch replaced, recently keyless switch system replaced, and list goes on and on, the only thing I didn't replace that was the great 2016 Honda Pilot.

Fuel injectors….Big problem with the 2016 Pilot….Honda knows about it and is not taking care of the customer. This will be our family's last Honda.
Many of the problems that are occurring with these vehicles are because they are equipped with VCM technology. Some have chosen to deactivate the this system as a preventive. P0420 and P0430 codes are common with an active VCM.

Reactions: Hondamon

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently had the fuel emission problem message come on my 2016 Pilot Elite with 51K in miles. Couldn't get in the dealership till about 5 days later. The message had gone away. Something similar happened about 6 months ago where every warning light went on but gone the next day. In my research, I found that there is a Honda Technical note stating the issue with the fuel injectors for the first 90K or so of Pilots. When I brought it in on Monday, they said they would check to see if they could still see the error. They were able to and said it was a misfire due to the fuel injectors. Per emissions warranty(8 yr, 80K) the injectors were still covered and therefore i didn't have to pay. I feel the same mistrust about Honda knowing they had that injector issue and didn't address headon. I kind of want to ditch the Pilot, but with it fixed and no more payments, I think i will be keeping it for at least another 50K in miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had same issue on my pilot. Dealership told me yesterday they just extended warranty for fuel injector problem to 8 years, 150,000 miles. So luckily mine were covered since I'm over 60,000 miles.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
868 Posts

Honda is finally addressing the Keyless start problem and the injectors by offering extended warranties for these issues. They haven't admitted that it is a carbon problem with the injectors yet but have recently expanded the warranty to cover up to the 2019 models. At least they are standing behind their product but it is still a major inconvenience for owners having to get repairs done. A lot other automakers like GM, Ford, Mazda, Hyundai and Kia are using GDI engines in an effort to extract as much fuel economy as possible out of their engines and I am sure that they are having similar issues. VCM technology also makes it worse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts