Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to note that the Federal Emission Warranty which covers fuel injectors among other parts varies by model year and state.

Some states receive coverage for 7 years or 70000 miles on 2019 models, whereas a poster said the 2016 models only have a 5 year 50000 mile warranty on them.

If you have to have your fuel injectors replaced it may be helpful to check the warranty given with your Honda vehicle. Your model year and the state the car is registered in may be a key factor as to having the repairs covered or not by Honda!

The dealer should know this, but it wouldn't hurt to know also before going in for service. Heck, my service manager didn't know that Honda Care Extended Service Plan provides a free loaner when I went in for a warranty repair on my 2019 last year!!!! He actually called to find out for sure and said he learned something. I don't know how long this has been a part of the Honda Care but he sure didn't know and he has been at this Honda dealership for 14 years!

Reactions: EFICTION

·
Registered
9 Posts
We had our fuel injectors replaced this week, courtesy of Honda dealer in CA under emissions warranty. We have 75,000 miles on 2016 Pilot. Emissions warranty apparently goes to 80,000 miles. This is covered under SB 18-025. There are many forums on this issue on this site.

What’s weird with ours is we also had the code DTC U128D (under dash fuse box). I could find NOTHING on this issue on Piloteers.org. This cost $1,000.

Anyone have any info on that?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Anyone have any info on that?
I responded here...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts