Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel gauge of 2003 pilot the fuel gauge was acting up for a while, sometimes when I turn the ignition on it would not move, turn the ignition on off it would move to correct reading, now is totally dead. I identified the wire coming from fuel pump to the driver side kick panel (yellow/blue pin 17) the resistance to ground reads open, knowing that I have half tank of gas it should read between 50-60 Ohms according to the manual. It looks to me the problem is in the fuel pump. I am planning to remove the driver side back row seat to access the fuel pump wiring and connectors. I am wondering if you have any suggestions or dealt with this problem before. Thanks

·
Administrator
15,419 Posts
If you are going there, do it outside in a well ventilated space with little fuel in tank and battery disconnected.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rocky, I have replace the fuel pump before, but thanks for your great advise , I will take necessary precautions , I know a guy who lost his car, his other car and everything in his garage due to fire when he was changing the fuel pump. I hope I don't have to change the fuel pump because of failing metering system , $375. May be it is only a bed connection.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
How did you fix the bad connection?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just unplugged the connector, cleaned the pins with electrical contact cleaner , then packed the connector with electrical grease. (both purchased from Autozone) . For some reason Honda did not packed the connectors with contact grease, may be that is why overtime they lose contact.

·
Registered
1 Posts
update, It was a bad connection in the fuel pump connector, it works fine now.
Hello sir. I have same issue. Where is this connector at exactly? please let me know. I’m at 8563710480 my cell. Thnx in advance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts