Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Good deal for local pick up as shipping could be an issue. Mine arrived with holes on both ends. Good luck

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good deal for local pick up as shipping could be an issue. Mine arrived with holes on both ends. Good luck
Yes, sellers tend to ship the assembly as is in the factory box, with no added wrapping or padding inside. The strut assembly would slosh around during shipping and punch hole(s) on the cardboard box end. Mine was shipped box- within-another-box with padding. No holes. Will ship out to buyer just like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You could actually use it with your '06. The only difference is the mounting bracket for the ABS sensor cable, but it is possible to attach '06 cable to the old-style bracket by rotating the metal thingy 90 degrees counter-clockwise. The tab won't go into its dedicated cut-out in the bracket and the cable will be positioned vertically instead of something like 45 degrees angle with the stock bracket, but that's OK. I just replaced struts on my '07 this weekend and found that someone had already replaced them before I got the Pilot back in 2012 and they used '03-'05 driver side strut (no idea why), so all those 8 years I was driving with the ABS cable attached to it like that without any issues.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm well aware of that hack. The proper fit SR4168 was in short supply at one point. Thanks for the tip though.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot
31 Posts
Shipping will run you $25, 2 to 7-business day delivery. Let me know if you are still interested and how you are going to pay.
I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I received an email about your message "still trying to find a reasonable shipping rate", but not one with the cost of shipping. Between now and then, I received notification from RockAuto that the strut was in stock, so I purchased the set. I appreciate your efforts and apologize that it didn't work out.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I received an email about your message "still trying to find a reasonable shipping rate", but not one with the cost of shipping. Between now and then, I received notification from RockAuto that the strut was in stock, so I purchased the set. I appreciate your efforts and apologize that it didn't work out.
Thanks for letting me know.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts